Google...Another View

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is how the front page of Google looks like in Dallas.
It's on the "Everything" tab

I like it better than the other views.

More organic listings on the front but the places still get the premo listing.

googledallas.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I think that way sucks. Because the new way highlights the reviews.

This way has been kicking ass for me:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... lincoln+ne

If you notice the Dallas listing. You will see that even in a very large metro area. The companies still t have crap for reviews.

BTW : I lost 12 reviews last week and have several new ones that arn't posted yet.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
THe photo is just the icing on the cake.

Actually it helps to build crediblity, and trust if they can see who they are talking to.

You are almost as bad as Greg/

I Have been delighting our clients
in Lincoln Nebraska with our
unsurpassed residential and
commercial: Carpet care,Upholstery
cleaning, House cleaning and
Allergen control for over 25 years!

How about this:

I have been delighting Lincoln residents for over two decades with my unsurpassed residential and commerical carpet and upholstery cleaning, house cleaning, and allergen control.

Yes you need to redo your photo. Do one that is not so close up.

How about a photo of you actually cleaning, standing by your truck, or standing with a satisfied client.

Edit: Dave your photo sucks.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The photo could be better. But, it works. I would still do a head shot. Standing by the truck I would look like an ant with the photo being only !/2 inch tall on Google.

Spots2Stop

I lost my reviews also.

But even worse google is showing one of my pages from another town I service in my local listing for Alden.

It should show my Alden Page where I really am or at least my home page like it shows in other cities.

I want people to know I am in Alden where the lake front properties are and not in Kalkaska :(
Anyone have any idea why google would do this?

Carpet%20Cleaning%20Alden%20MI.png

steve g

Name
steve garrett
could it be they are making the changes to things alphabetically?? I type in water damage and my city and I get the view with the pictures next to the listing. if I type in another city I get the standard type view that comes up in brians first post. if I just type in water damage which is set to my zip code I get brians standard view. so really I have no idea how you get one view or the other. one thing to note I am the only company based in my city and zip code for water damage, BUT when I type in water damage and my city it comes up with the picture view way and I am getting out ranked by like 3 other companies not even in my city, whereas the more traditional looking view I always pop up #1. WTF???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Joe, if those are verified listings, you should be able to go in and change the info.

Did you claim those areas in google places yet?

When I type in "Carpet Cleaning Alden MI"

You're the only guy who pops up in the places part and then the organics are under it with yours about 4 or 5 more times in various listings.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
steve g said:
could it be they are making the changes to things alphabetically?? I type in water damage and my city and I get the view with the pictures next to the listing. if I type in another city I get the standard type view that comes up in brians first post. if I just type in water damage which is set to my zip code I get brians standard view. so really I have no idea how you get one view or the other. one thing to note I am the only company based in my city and zip code for water damage, BUT when I type in water damage and my city it comes up with the picture view way and I am getting out ranked by like 3 other companies not even in my city, whereas the more traditional looking view I always pop up #1. WTF???

The new changes are rolling out and I believe all listing will become the new way with organics and maps merged.

I spoke to Google this week about all the lost reviews and he said they are re-populating the sysyem. To hold on and the reviews should comeback.

We'll see.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Spots2Stop said:
I lost my reviews also.

But even worse google is showing one of my pages from another town I service in my local listing for Alden.

It should show my Alden Page where I really am or at least my home page like it shows in other cities.

I want people to know I am in Alden where the lake front properties are and not in Kalkaska :(
Anyone have any idea why google would do this?

Carpet%20Cleaning%20Alden%20MI.png

Joe, You should be able to modify your verified listing in your Places account. I would just remove the Kalkaska in the header and description, just leave the main city you target.

Steve, You will see several different "views" from the different keywords you use. Like you said, if you type in a certain phrase or keyword you will get one such view, and etc. I believe there are 6-7 different views that they are doing right now. So all 3 ways to show up on your search results are still important, meaning organics, places, and adwords. No one knows where a client will click to get to your info, the more chances the better.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian R said:
[quote="Dave Y":35b3j5ni]To hold on and the reviews should comeback

That would be cool...but I won't hold my breath.[/quote:35b3j5ni]

I agree, it's been over 2 weeks now, it has never taken this long. They also removed my "reviews from the web", so now I got dropped from first place...now I'm furious. :oops: :evil: :twisted:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
so is this an opputunnity for some that have restarted to get back into the mix? shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom