Google Local Services?

Name
Evets
Google Local Services just made it to my area. Is it worth it? They called me about signing up, but said it cost $22 per phone call. Damn, that seems a little steep. Granted it's a bit more dedicated than a click to your website, but still seems a little high priced. What has been your experience? Better than adwords? We do close a high percentage of calls, but I'm a little leary about taking the plunge.
Talk to me.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It hasn't made it to my area yet, but from the way it looks, it looks like the customer won't scroll below that list. It's probably time to increase your price on your jobs $22 to cover for it. They made it look just like the Local listings.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm the only one in this area using it and get probably three jobs a week out of it but it only cost $15 a lead.. we tried it in Santa Cruz and got one job out of it and whole bunch of our regulars using the call now feature to book appointments so we turned it off

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm the only one in this area using it and get probably three jobs a week out of it but it only cost $15 a lead.. we tried it in Santa Cruz and got one job out of it and whole bunch of our regulars using the call now feature to book appointments so we turned it off
How many real competitors are in your area in Nevada?

Name
Evets
Hey Mike, do you run adword campaigns? We're doing pretty good with ours, but this new structure will bump our top ranking ad down the page. On a desktop it doesn't matter so much because they are horizontal, but on phones they are listed vertically. F'n Google. Soon as you master one thing they're on to the next.

joe2014

Name
Joe
$18 in my area. I've opted out. My understanding is you get hit with the $18 for every lead, whether they book or not. So if you book 1 out of every 3 leads that would eat $54 into the profits. Or maybe i'm missing something?

Name
Evets
$18 in my area. I've opted out. My understanding is you get hit with the $18 for every lead, whether they book or not. So if you book 1 out of every 3 leads that would eat $54 into the profits. Or maybe i'm missing something?
These "Leads" are phone calls. We book 9 out of 10 phone calls. Still it seems pretty high at $22. We are lumped into the Atlanta region price structure which is about 60 miles away from me.

FredC

Village Idiot
So many carpet cleaners die due to shithead SEO fvkers.

I can't find your site for the life of me.
prat.jpg

but I got it

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The issue I have with Google Guaranteed/Local Services is that I'm not convinced that Google is educating the consumer enough on what it means to be "Google Guaranteed". There is more value to hot ready to buy leads. I don't know if consumers are simply picking from the top 3 results(which happens often) or if they're picking because they know what it means to be "Google Guaranteed". I'm not convinced it is the latter..... yet. I've heard of people doing well with it in our industry and for some others it was a dud.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The issue I have with Google Guaranteed/Local Services is that I'm not convinced that Google is educating the consumer enough on what it means to be "Google Guaranteed". There is more value to hot ready to buy leads. I don't know if consumers are simply picking from the top 3 results(which happens often) or if they're picking because they know what it means to be "Google Guaranteed". I'm not convinced it is the latter..... yet. I've heard of people doing well with it in our industry and for some others it was a dud.
What exactly is Google guaranteeing?

FredC

Village Idiot
What exactly is Google guaranteeing?
The Google Guarantee
The Google Guarantee badge
EWEJK4PsgOlxHW1tTrERDy0byZM3vFAzScMA
helps you build a great reputation online.
If your customers aren’t satisfied with work quality, Google may refund up to the amount paid for jobs booked through Local Services ads, with a lifetime cap for coverage.
Google Guarantee maximum coverage by country:
US: $2,000
CA: CAD 2,000
What it covers
  • If your customer is dissatisfied with work quality, we’ll cover claims up to the job invoice amount, with a lifetime cap for coverage.
  • Service must be booked through Local Services. Add-on or future projects, damages to property, dissatisfaction with price or provider responsiveness, and cancellations aren’t covered.
  • Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the initial service completion date.
If you’re a business, you can apply to get the Google Guarantee by signing up for Local Services ads. Pros that appear on Local Services through partner affiliates are also Google Guaranteed. Learn more
Processing claims
If one of your customers submits a claim, we’ll contact you to learn more. You’ll have an opportunity to make things right with your customer. After investigating the claim, Google will decide on a resolution.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom