Google Maps

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have been having the toughest time getting clicked on google maps. I was doing really well up to about 6 months ago when I changed from towns, cities to mile radius from address. That was a big mistake - my clicks went from about 30 per month to 0. :shock: I gave it a month and changed it back. It has never been the same.

I have no idea why it is doing so badly. We did move within the same town but different zip code in 1/2010. I have tried to get google to merge the two since there are reviews on both and would like to save them, but no luck. It is 100% complete, has pictures, videos, reviews, etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...roup&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CB8QtQMwAA

Any helpful tips welcomed. Anyone using google tags yet to boost the clicks?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
The one with one review is the correct listing. I will try updating the address on the old one and then ask google to merge again. I hate to lose those reviews.

Thanks Fred.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wouldn't do the Radius of the address either. After I tested it, it didn't do as well in the searches.
I keep everything listed as "my customer come to me". Then anyone searching close will still find you.
I don't advise blocking your address.

And what right Fred sed.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, Google really screwed the pooch on that little feature. I remember when they first starting doing that with the radius around you. Sucks for listings. Not sure why they did it that way. I figured Google would know the address and list you accordingly.

The only thing I can figure is we are "less of a company" if we don't want to show our address.

Oh well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom