got a pretty good deal on a backup tm today

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Found a guy online who is downsizing his business about 30 miles away and was selling a tm. I decided that I dont ever want to go back to being a porty guy so I had been looking for a backup tm. I got a smaller steamaction tm with a 33 blower and 13.5 engine . The machine only has 602 hours on it so I think its basicly in like new shape. Came with hose reels,fresh water tank,a couple jars of grease eraser , 100 ft of hose for $3,300. My white magic tm is only a 33 blower and 15 horse so its pretty much the same. Gonna mount it in an old 3/4 ton chevy. Every time I buy another machine or gadget I tell my self thats it for a while , yet I now have a garage, basement, and storage trailer full of equipment . I still think I found a pretty great deal, its definately a buyers market on used equipment these days

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
juniorc82 said:
Found a guy online who is downsizing his business about 30 miles away and was selling a tm. I decided that I dont ever want to go back to being a porty guy so I had been looking for a backup tm. I got a smaller steamaction tm with a 33 blower and 13.5 engine . The machine only has 602 hours on it so I think its basicly in like new shape. Came with hose reels,fresh water tank,a couple jars of grease eraser , 100 ft of hose for $3,300. My white magic tm is only a 33 blower and 15 horse so its pretty much the same. Gonna mount it in an old 3/4 ton chevy. Every time I buy another machine or gadget I tell my self thats it for a while , yet I now have a garage, basement, and storage trailer full of equipment . I still think I found a pretty great deal, its definately a buyers market on used equipment these days

It's a good feeling to know you have a backup ready at any time.

Jeez.......$3300.....just the Grease Eraser eats up a lot of that total!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Congrats a back up is a great idea and at that price hard to pass on. Plus on bigger jobs you can train a helper to clean. Sounds like a good investment and if find you don't use it like you thought you can always sell it and get your money back.

I guess I got fooked today! Well not really.

I have not had a chance to get my truck in the shop for months to get some routine work done it.

So I thought why not get this back up primed and ready to go.

I knew it needed an EGR valve, but I was figuring a couple hundred for that.

It was just over 400 for the tune up and EGR valve.

My mechanic took the truck through inspection which saved me some time, but noticed the radiator was leaking. So I need a new radiator, hoses, and thermostat. Total for that was 600.

Then I said check the power-steering because I think it's leaking. The leak was coming out of the gear box and that was 450 to fix.

Fook I just spent over 1500 on a truck that is probably not even worth that, but it runs good and will make several thousand per week.

I knew it would be cheaper to get this truck in tip top shape than investing in a new truck and machine. About 20k dollars cheaper.

Still I had a guy lined up to pay 12k a few months back, but the deal fell through. There is no way I'll be able to sell this truck now. The good thing though is now I can use it for times I need to get my machine serviced.

Things have been hectic here for months and having a second truck that is perfect and ready to go is worth the money.

At least I think it is. Ivebeensold

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
The truck Im putting it in has sat useless since I bought ace's e250 and white magic. I have been in business for 6 years and over the last year that we have been running the slide in vs the portys business has exploded. I cant imagine goin back to a porty for anything other than special circumstance jobs. I thought it would be best to get a back up tm on my terms rather than waiting until Im in the middle of a crisis.
Maybe one day I can throw the two 33 blower machines in a box truck and make a harpo truck if I ever graduate to a big boy truckmount. :lol:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
GeneMiller said:
is it just me shiteatinggrin i don't see the need for a backup.

gene
Im an hour and a half away minumum from anywhere I can go to service a major problem with a truckmount. I have came to find out that in this business the busiest times are usualy the most inconvinient times. I have a little saying that if work is too slow try and get sick or plan a vacation and you couldnt make the phone stop ringing if you tried. I think a back up tm was the best choice for me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom