Got an ol Client back.

John Watson

I started to clean for this client in 1988. from 88 to 98 2-3 times a year she would have us clean different TA's, spots, and stairs. Never did any carpets in the 4 bedrooms except for spots.
She was a real taskmasker and wanted things done just so-so and her way. Always complaining about the cost of everything including our services.

In 2003 she called and had us pick up a rug, she had a broken leg, said she slipped down her new wooden stairs.

She called last week and wanted scheduled Monday morning, no questions about price or anything. How are you? I asked? Fine can you fit me in? Yes mam at 9:15 providing the tempeture is above 28 degrees. OK. At 8am Monday it was 12 degrees on my deck and I called her to reschedule either later in the day when it warmed up or to another time, her choice. Later today is fine she said.

We get there about noon and its still about 28 but supposed to get warmer (37). House looks the same on the outside, but, wow, the inside has been totaly redone upstairs and down.

She had us clean the TA's in the now 3 bedroom upstairs including her walkin closet, and the hall. Downstairs we cleaned a 6 month old Family room TA's and take 2 wool hand tufted india rugs to the plant for cleaning. She said they just finished replacing her wood floor which was 6 months old but they installed the wrong color and the house was still full of dust from the last major remodel 6 months ago.

I measured up the areas we were cleaning and told her it was going to be $267.00

Wow thats high she said, Last guy charged half that 2 months ago. I am sorry, this is our rate, Well go ahead your already here. It took Helen and I just over 2 hours to do the job. Her dog had gotten into something and had tracked it all over the upstairs carpets and I had to treat at least 60 spots with ProSolve in order to make them move then flush the foam.

She had pictures of her 5 daughters all over and at different ages. While she was writing the check I mentioned that it seem like yesterday I was cleaning and her daughters were in diapers, yes, and only 1 is still at home she said. Did all the pet spots came out she asked?
Yes mam, I believe I got them all.

Well thats good cause the other guys cleaning couldn't touch them. so I guess I will start calling you back again.

Great, may I ask why you stopped?

Stupidity she said, we will just leave it at that.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Doug Cox said:
And whats with the 28 degree minimum temp.?

Yeah if I went by that benchmark I wouldn't clean for 3 months straight!

John Watson

Sorry about the temp. fellas, But my Helen has RA and It causes her to have bad aches and pain. If you have read my other posts. I used to clean till 20 below in Alaska..

Fred Homan

Take is easy on Helen....You should do most of the work.... :D
Don't make her do it all..... :shock:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
John's sharp, he wants the repeat work.........so he doesn't do any of it!

I don't care what Mikey says your not slow at all Chavez

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
admiralclean said:
Was it necessary to make that story so long?

He told it well. I read the whole thing. Normally I would have skimmed it.

But then again, Watson and I are brothers... If you look real close at my avatar picture, you can make out my license plate. "ELWOOD"

"He kinda waddles like Watson too."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom