Got Heat? More than a Vortex!

Name
Kevin McCreary
I shot this quick video yesterday on some dumpy apartment I had to clean
to show you how hot my oil fired machine gets under serious duty. Keep in mind it was
14 degrees outside, I was using 200 feet of hose, .12 flow, 900 psi and I don't really
care for the CMP wand I was using but its my only lie detector wand. Also I normally
don't clean this way or in dumps like this too often!

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_wc4_Ypdg6]

CleanEvo

8)

So with Kero (I'm asuming that's the same as oil fired?) where is the tank and how often do you have to fill? Where do you get the fuel?

Name
Kevin McCreary
The Burner is rated between 105-350 Btu's, Its pressure rating is 100-135 psi. It has a #1 nozzle on it,

the pressure is set @ the factory @125psi, which that is where I left it. So I'm guessing I'm using

somewhere between 275-325 Btu's. Just a guess. It burns under a half a gallon per hour is what

I'm estimating. Its hard to tell because it only comes on when it senses a drop in temperature below the

setting on the thermostat, but definitely less than a half gallon per hour, maybe even a quarter.

I know one thing for sure, is that its ridiculously simple compared to a heat exchange unit and I'm

completely sold on it. I will never go back. This particular burner is a R.W. Beckett A.C.D. clean cut burner

and it is also D..C. so you have no need to turn a generator like a Steamway or Eldiablo. If of course your motor

Has an alternator or a 12volt charging circuit. Its burns very clean and really doesn't have much of an odor to

it even with over the road ultra low sulfur Diesel. Its also vented out of the roof, mostly for heat though.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Great video Kevin...still waiting for one of these dual heat exchange cds guys claiming 240 degree heat to post something like that.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I love my Steamway for the same reason but, anything over 230 ATW seems like overkill to me. What kind of solution hose are you using and how long does it last? Did you say 900 PSI Ivebeensold

Name
Kevin McCreary
CleanEvolve said:
8)

So with Kero (I'm asuming that's the same as oil fired?) where is the tank and how often do you have to fill? Where do you get the fuel?

I Have an 7 gallon aluminum tank mounted under the truck, its in between the gussets of the frame so its flush with the frame

and tucked up under the truck to prevent damage from road debris. The filler pipe comes through the floor behind the seat. I get regular

Diesel from any gas station. I usually top it off every day as part of my routine of topping off the truck too. It only uses 2.5 to 3.5 gallons

per day on a regular 3000-6000sq ft. 8 hour day.

Oh and I agree about overkill, I just wanted to see what it could do. I use regular neptune hoses, the shop next door to me sells it

and has the machine to put ends on. So far the hoses only have 400 hours on them, we will see. The 900 psi was just to see if

the heater could keep up, and it did.

Name
Nate W.
Stupid heat..... :lol: Surprised you didn't leave a snake in the carpet with neptune. I bet you could smell the hose breaking down with that much heat.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You're trying to lose that account??
Raise your price 10%, or 20%. If they're willing to pay your price, make some good profit.

Where did you get the temp guage and can you post some pictures of it, ie how its plumbed in?

A greenhorn would have extracted enough water at 900psi that it still would have dried overnight.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I just increased them 20% to $135 for a two bedroom vacant. The real problem is not the money, but they call
at the last minute every time. I shot that video at 6:15 Friday night after all ready doing 5 residential jobs.

Duane made that wand. Its a cmp with a K valve and a couple of nipples and a 90 with a gauge plumbed
in the 90 before the valve.

Name
George Valliant
Jay DeLaughter said:
Insane kero heat :wink: nothing better.

Wish my Venturi had an oil burner.

If one more heat exchanger breaks I'm going to do the upgrade.

Anyone know where I could get a conversion kit?

Name
George Valliant
Kevin McCreary said:
I shot this quick video yesterday on some dumpy apartment I had to clean
to show you how hot my oil fired machine gets under serious duty. Keep in mind it was
14 degrees outside, I was using 200 feet of hose, .12 flow, 900 psi and I don't really
care for the CMP wand I was using but its my only lie detector wand. Also I normally
don't clean this way or in dumps like this too often!

e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_wc4_Ypdge]

Finally got to my desktop PC to watch the video...

That was cool.. Hmm, I meant hot!!! Very hot!!!

CanYouHemiNow

Is there any WATER coming out at that temp?!? There was so much steam I expected to see a fat guy wearing nothing but a towel and a smile sitting in the corner. :p

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Ed said:
What machine do you have that heater on?

It's on a Dominator 3047 (Kohler Command Pro 30 HP / Roots 47 DSL) we made for him, modified to have a discharge- only pump- out, in lieu of conventional recovery tank, in order to fit it into a smaller van.

I may just bring one to MikeFest...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
CanYouHemiNow said:
Is there any WATER coming out at that temp?!? There was so much steam I expected to see a fat guy wearing nothing but a towel and a smile sitting in the corner. :p

Exactly!

At temps like that I usually don't have enough waterflow. I find myself not trying to go over 230 ATW because I like the flushing action with my 20flow.

Name
George Valliant
Duane Oxley said:
Ed said:
What machine do you have that heater on?

It's on a Dominator 3047 (Kohler Command Pro 30 HP / Roots 47 DSL) we made for him, modified to have a discharge- only pump- out, in lieu of conventional recovery tank, in order to fit it into a smaller van.

I may just bring one to MikeFest...

Can i order one with a #6 blower and 200 gallons of fresh/waste water please?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Can i order one with a #6 blower and 200 gallons of fresh/waste water please?

If you have the money (deposit for custom order) and the time (for me to research and design it), you can order anything you want.

Name
George Valliant
Duane Oxley said:
[quote="Carpet Cleaning Fool":75lawkr8]Can i order one with a #6 blower and 200 gallons of fresh/waste water please?

If you have the money (deposit for custom order) and the time (for me to research and design it), you can order anything you want.[/quote:75lawkr8]

I got nothin but time.... It's the deposit that's holding up the show :idea:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Kevin McCreary said:
I just increased them 20% to $135 for a two bedroom vacant. The real problem is not the money, but they call
at the last minute every time. I shot that video at 6:15 Friday night after all ready doing 5 residential jobs.

Duane made that wand. Its a cmp with a K valve and a couple of nipples and a 90 with a gauge plumbed
in the 90 before the valve.

add on a $50 last min/after hours fee
maybe they'll start giving you more notice and it won't be late jobs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom