Got my Flash Cuffs

Mikey P

Administrator
Very sturdy.

Comes pre-greased which concerns me about if wear and tear will cause them to loosen up (hopefully) or get crudded up in the moving mechanism.

Do they offer all the reducers and adapters now?

662446192_photobucket_16210_.jpg

That half ring moves in when the button is depressed

662446192_photobucket_16211_.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The Super Lube is on the O-Rings. You will WANT to rub some lube on them every 3 months or so. Do it at the same time your lubing your regulator. You do lube that right? As for it being stiff i am assuming they did that so over time as the spring is used over and over it doesn't become useless as it is broken in.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
got mine the other day.....the things are so tight they don't want to swivel at all...hoping they loosen up a bit ....I like the tapered ends on them.....they don't snag things like step edges when you are rolling the hose back up.....
to early to say anything about the button release.....a bit stiff and one of them is pretty hard to get to release...I will play with them more and let you know...........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Joey have you RTFM? (read the freaking' manual) you should lube you o-rings every 30-90 days. What machine do you have? I'll find the maintenance list for you as there are a lot of things you should be checking and lubing.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
John, My manual doesnt say anything about this......... And I still dont know what your talking about to lube with the KY. I have a TCS

Able 1

Name
Keith
joeynbgky said:
John, My manual doesnt say anything about this......... And I still dont know what your talking about to lube with the KY. I have a TCS

I don't think unloaders have that suppository to lube?? :shock: Not sure what TCS uses...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Is your regulator a JE Adams? Big brass knob? I think that's what the use. There is a bullet in there that has o rings that needs to be lubed. I would suggest super lube but if you want to try KY that's between you and your regulator.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
John....get a hold of who ever made these things and ask them how the hell to loosen them up......the swivel needs to move a lot more freely then what these things do....spending way to much time un-doing the loops in my hoses......

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
joe's won't twist for me under vacuum ,they unscrew instead. half the time we roll up they unscrew

i'm ready to try something new if these won't pop apart.

gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:
joe's won't twist for me under vacuum ,they unscrew instead. half the time we roll up they unscrew

i'm ready to try something new if these won't pop apart.

gene

I promise you..popping apart will never happen.....even when you want them to..it is a challenge...they are just to tight.....not much room for forgiveness...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom