Got my work cut out for me tomorrow..

Mikey P

Administrator
Gonna spend tomorrow converting the Vortex to a chem feed and supply system much like the Aerotech's

Anybody want to guess who much all that stuff cost?

20131031_164137_zpsd2ce4d7f.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
You might want to look into Loctite HVAC Blue Pipe Joint Compound. My guess would be $700.00. Do I win anything? lol

I have the same chemical feed pump on my Vortex. Did your truck not come with one? I have a blue spring on my pressure relief valve. It's rated at 3,000 psi, but I wouldn't turn it up any higher than 1,500 psi.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
a BRASS regulator........?
whures yor clear solution line...........
a NAPA crimped hose?

one word....Paraplate

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I clean tile at 1000-1200. I do use higher pressers to wash the trucks. Anything over 2000 psi. is asking for a line to blow, or valve to go bad.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
You might want to look into Loctite HVAC Blue Pipe Joint Compound. My guess would be $700.00. Do I win anything? lol

I have the same chemical feed pump on my Vortex. Did your truck not come with one? I have a blue spring on my pressure relief valve. It's rated at 3,000 psi, but I wouldn't turn it up any higher than 1,500 psi.

I was going to say $700 also.....what is the white spring rated for?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I clean tile at 1000-1200. I do use higher pressers to wash the trucks. Anything over 2000 psi. is asking for a line to blow, or valve to go bad.

I'm usually around 1200 but I have 250 live reel so that puts it under 1000 really unless we are doing something like this.

agy9ytum.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So what happens if I want to run 2000+? Does it stop out at 1500? Guess I need to research how they work.

buy a different 1....

the everest HP has 2...and you throw a lever to go higher PSI...

which saved my ass, as my low 1 went out last week, and i have just turned down my high to clean...

bought a new one today, dunno if i can get it back in tommorw

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the diff would be that it only draws when the wand is triggered rather than a continous draw. I've turned my siphon down to 1gal/hr, I get a lot more jobs per 5gal now. I adjust the mix in the tank accordingly.

How's its durability? I remember reading about guys having to replace parts on theirs.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Vortex came with a 700 psi chem pump. The diaphragm would get blown out every time we did a tile job and forget to by pass it.

I'll be putting a General 1500 psi pump on today.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Should be easy as long as you take a picture of the Aerotech setup so you can see what you're building. Maybe even tag each line if there going to be some time between disconnecting and connecting it up.

Can you put it all together and then just connect it?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Man this sounds like fun!

Been thinking of a setup for ours that would make the rinse cycle all valved up.

Not sure I completely understand the usage regarding a pump vs siphon as explained earlier though.
We are siphone and our usage seems on. Set The Meter at 3 and in about 1 1/2 hour the tank will be down to about 2 gal left.

Found a leak once, plus crappy china foot valves was causing the rinse tank to backfill overtime when not running. Kinda neat actually. Just had to remember to add more rinse : ) but I fixed it.

tngvegas

I bet everytime you drive that thing you wish it was an AT and not a Vortex. or at least in a new Isuzu.

I don't know much about the V but the AT you just got does look better made. it was a good choice for a happy b-day present.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
cleaning tile. 1200 is minimum IMOP. with 150 foot 1/4 hose your only at like 900 at turbo.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Mike the only way you would know if you put a psi gauge up at the end of your hose. I have a 6 gallons per minute 3000 psi Pump on my 870

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom