Got your techs on hourly?

Mikey P

Administrator
huge mistake.

you want to see a crew come back to the office with pep in their step and pride in their eyes and want their bellies scratched, pay them on commission.

want Larry Lunchpail to come draggin himself in after 12 hours of luggin a porty up and down stairs, mumbling death threats to the F'n man and his cow of a wife for his $64 in wages...?

Go right ahead :!:

Becker

Name
Becker
What is your commission scale?

Your kid making enough so he does not have to buy a piece of crap 25 year old bronco II?

So I guess it depends on the hourly pay, or the % of commission. So in the end, it all comes down to gross pay.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Becker said:
What is your commission scale?

Your kid making enough so he does not have to buy a piece of crap 25 year old bronco II?

So I guess it depends on the hourly pay, or the % of commission. So in the end, it all comes down to gross pay.

NOT REALLY...Beck.. :!:

If your techs..are Mules..."Then pay them by the hour...!"

BUT ...if you have a couple ..ThorouGhBredS..."You NEED to let them RUN..."... !gotcha!

IT is PRETTY SIMPLE... :idea:

"If you had to clean for a LIVING....there is NO way you would be paid by the HOUR...!"

A LEED TECH.....making 30% of the gross...can pocket $300.00...on a $1000.00 ticket.. 8)

If your pricing is ...DECENT...@ say .35 sq ft..that is about 2857 sq ft..."pretty good pay" !!!

The men "know"...EXACTLY...What they are making on every job..!!! They will be begging
for MORE work & LONGER DAYS... :shock: "Let them EAT..what they KILL"... :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ron K said:
Why not a base and a % ?????

BASE..& then a %.....Will allow them to work as hard as "THEY"..want... :!:

Pay them a "STRAIGHT %"...and let them work on a DRAW... !gotcha!

Let them take the responsibility...of "CONTROLLING THEIR INCOME..."... :shock:

If they are going to get paid the HIGH wages...Let them..STRESS..through the
LEAN TIMES...with the company... :!:

Becker

Name
Becker
Who pays 30%?

I agree with both hourly and commission.

Each have a challenge.

Hourly, sand bagging jobs, commission, turning your great cleaner into a sales person. Meaning leaving the client feeling bent over in the end... :shock:

Other than quality complaints, 2nd I hear from clients about companies like coit and SS are.. they spent more time trying to sell me extras than cleaning.

Or last time coit came one cleaned and the other sold me, or tried to sell me everything else.

Now upselling is a positive trait or action in a tech. But abuse will leave the client surfing the net next time they need the carpets cleaned.

Only a greedy sob would pay the tech some off the wall percentage like 12 or 12.5.

Yankem.

Let's stick with the standard 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 %.

Mikey P

Administrator
I do like Harper and pay 30% to the truck, If Oz works alone he gets it all, if he takes my son along he gets 20% and Jr gets the 10.

I keep them too busy to nickle and dime upsell like Coit and SS chimps do, at .50 a foot they do just fine with just the occasional sale.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Becker said:
Who pays 30%?

I agree with both hourly and commission.

Each have a challenge.

Hourly, sand bagging jobs, commission, turning your great cleaner into a sales person. Meaning leaving the client feeling bent over in the end... :shock:

Other than quality complaints, 2nd I hear from clients about companies like coit and SS are.. they spent more time trying to sell me extras than cleaning.

Or last time coit came one cleaned and the other sold me, or tried to sell me everything else.

I pay 30%........... :shock: Have for over 20 years.... :roll:

Sounds like you have got some ..MULES... :oops:

We don't ...BELIEVE in HIGH PRESSURE... :x ...It will get your ASS fired... :shock:

My men just offer to clean additional AREAS..or Furniture,Rugs,Tile or Wood... !gotcha!

Why would ..they try to OVERPRICE a job... :roll: The want the "RE-PEAT" customer
for their FUTURE personal REVENUE.. :idea:

At 30%...They can't afford to LEAVE & start their OWN business... :idea: :idea: :idea:
They remain ..LOYAL.. to the company... !gotcha! and LOVE their job... :!: shiteatinggrin

joe harper

Name
joe harper
If you "CruNcH"...the #'s.... :idea:

You will see that you have FREE LABOR.... :shock:

I don't know if Mike has had this pay system in place long enough... :?:

If you pay attention to your "GROSS sales..."...You will NOTICE that your
GROSS sales...for the same jobs that you "previously" paid hourly..!

Will ...INCREASE...by @ least 30%.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have a "feeling"..Mike is already seeing this EFFECT... 8)

I think Mike...recently post a BANNER month..of..$50 K.... !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

The men will NOT only increase the gross of each JOB...They will effectively pay their
own labor..from the increased GROSS TICKET..to the company... :shock:

Becker

Name
Becker
Hats off if you pay 30%... So few do.

And if they do it is a tiered system to reach the high percent.

have you ever had a regular employee Donald?

Off and on.
I paid hourly with bonuses.

Have a part timer now.. Hourly plus commission on sales. He is only a seller not a cleaner.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
I think Mike...recently post a BANNER month..of..$50 K.... !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

yeah but he posted it in a private room ya senile kook.

As my ..pUnisHmEnT... :oops:

I will continue to pay my $5.00 a month....So you can take AnOthEr VaCaTioN... :p :p !dork!

ps..If ..I can remBer where to send It... :roll: :oops: :oops:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Becker said:
Hats off if you pay 30%... So few do.

And if they do it is a tiered system to reach the high percent.

have you ever had a regular employee Donald?

Off and on.
I paid hourly with bonuses.

Have a part timer now.. Hourly plus commission on sales. He is only a seller not a cleaner.

Don..

They start @ $10.00 an hour for 1 month.."after a month..%..or they need to find another job.

Then 10% as a labor ...with a TECH...3 to 6 months..

Then 20% "own their OWN"....small jobs & empties ..Apts..ect...

Then 30%...and their OWN TRUCK....

THAT IS IT...THEY HAVE MAXED-OUT...!!!

If they want ...MORE MONEY..."They need to KILL IT...".... !gotcha!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
HARPER said:
Don..

They start @ $10.00 an hour for 1 month.."after a month..%..or they need to find another job.

Then 10% as a labor ...with a TECH...3 to 6 months..

Then 20% "own their OWN"....small jobs & empties ..Apts..ect...

Then 30%...and their OWN TRUCK....

THAT IS IT...THEY HAVE MAXED-OUT...!!!

If they want ...MORE MONEY..."They need to KILL IT...".... !gotcha!

Harpman gets it. If they want more money but don't want to work for it, then that is their fault. If they quit because of it you rest easy that if they become your competition they won't be much of a threat.

I was on the base plus commission of sales bologna for a few years, I never averaged anymore than 15 an hour. I didn't/don't believe in high pressure sales either so I guess that is my fault. :roll:

The only selling I would do would be to ask if they know we performed a particular service and to let them know we can give an estimate anytime, and most of the time they never knew we rendered that service. Sometimes they wanted it done then, and if they did since I was already there I could work up an easy price that made sense for them and us, keeping us still profitable.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've never paid hourly.
My employees have always gotten 30% per truck.
I've said this before.....never pay hourly unless he is just a helper...even then I don't.....

IS THIS THING ON??

Even now my Techs end up with about 30% per truck after their 50%-expenses.

Harp, Mikey and myself are a lot alike....whether they want to admit it or not. !gotcha!

I just go one step further and take a huge risk to promote huge success.

Remember guys, great leaders are great followers first. I'll be waiting for you at the top.

Not your top, the other top just a few levels above you. :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve in Omaha said:
Harper,

You paying taxes, ins, etc. on top of the 30%? How much does that bump the gross percent?

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !gotcha!

Start mine at 20%....after 3 month they move up to 25....then they get percent raises.....highest on staff is 30 followed by 28,27,25,25,20.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
C Pennington said:
Start mine at 20%....after 3 month they move up to 25....then they get percent raises.....highest on staff is 30 followed by 28,27,25,25,20.

That's good Curtis, give them something to look forward to.

Of course with commission they can get those raises AND their own by selling more or working harder.

If you're paying someone hourly, you really have to work hard to get the right person for the job.
The type of person who will continually work hard to keep the stability of a good paycheck. Bonuses along with an hourly wage are good...other companies do that all the time.

But I do think the fear of nothing puts a fire under their butt to get off it and work for their money.
Of course with hourly you can have them clean the shop or go grocery shopping for you if it gets slow. :shock:

Course if you pay a high enough commission, you can include (and I did) them making sure the van is clean, their clothes are clean and pretty etc etc etc.

Chris A

Name
Chris
not that I'm a big employer, but I find the commision has helped my current assistant feel a little better about the bust ass 12 hour days we work in the summer, than my previous assistant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom