GP brushes and Chamois..

Mikey P

Administrator
I see Bryan got the hang of the brushes, I sure have not.

Puts down too much sealer. and to clumsy for edge and detail work.

I guess I get to practice more.

I like those eight ounce bottles Magic Wand sells with the cut off toothbrush tip. I bet they would be killer for CSing.

I also dont dig the super chamois. Smears the seal around too much and they need constant changing.

A thick cotton terry towel will go WAY WAY long and not smear the excess around

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
have you tried these Mike?
turbostick_ar55_lg.jpg

They work pretty good for me.

CapeCleaner

I use a tooth brush but cut down the two outside rows of bristles. Makes a big difference. Also going to try a denture brush.

SJA

I am posting a short clip on using the brush and chamois. I am not saying that this is the only way to ColorSeal - but it has worked for me and my guys for 10 years.

The key when using the brush is to apply slight pressure to the bottle and allow gravity to make it flow. Do not aggressively squeeze and move the brush in a back and forth motion. It takes practice - but once you get use to it it is easy.

The other key is to have a good supply of chamois so that you do not spend half your time cleaning chamois. Also, the less product you use the less clean up there is. When we do a job we have enough chamois to complete the job at least half way without having to clean them. By doing this you also keep the floor cleaner by not using dirty chamois over and over.

We have put together a new instuctional video for colorsealing that is very good and covers everything there is to know and covers all situations. This video is 40 minutes long and will be available in the next couple of weeks for those who are interested. Included are Lifetime Warrenty Forms, Estimate Forms, Before/After Pictures, Sales Demo and other useful info.

http://www.wizardofwalden.com/steve/2linesbrush.wmv
http://www.wizardofwalden.com/steve/hall1.wmv Part 1
http://www.wizardofwalden.com/steve/hall2.wmv Part 2 (note how little product is on the chamois)

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I like the brushes for the normal to thicker grout lines. We do not use the brush on the bottle. We put down way too much product that way. I would say we put 1/4 of the grout line with sealer. The bristles on that brush work really well at getting the color into the pours of the grout. Very little excess left over.

We went threw a lot of yorker tops to keep a small hole. If you get right with the brush and amount of color seal there very little if any excess on the tile. We are just "smearing" into the grout line. Work about 4 ft lengths with the yorker top about 3-4 sections at a time, brush in, wipe off once and back the opposite way - done. The curved handles on those brushes are the best.

SJA

Bryan, I agree with you. That is how we teach people to get started and then progress to the brush at your own pace. The width of the grout joint does not effect the application - even with the brush attached - once you start applying the correct amount of product. When working on a thin joint its ok to have product on the tile - as long as it is very little and not heavy globs.

I have attached a clip http://www.wizardofwalden.com/steve/tipspread.wmv

safeclean

I like to keep 3 chammies in my bucket use one throw back in use another one, once done I just pick up and ring out than re use. I also like to have another bucket full with clean water can not stop the knee rollers :D

Craig

ps David they have to be damp

CapeCleaner

I do use them damp but was wondering if anyone had tried using them dry and what the results were. I do the same thing with an extra bucket or two of clean water. I don't like stopping to change the water as it always seems to happen when I'm on a good roll.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom