Grease Busting

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Shud up. If I’m doing it, I’m using the Cimex with preferred prespray direct and extracting with my truckmount. But I can and do pull a trailer with a ramp door. However, I wouldn’t be doing it for one. Again, I still clean carpet,

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They are doing something, better than nothing, but far from being power scrubbed..

Every tool has its place, but greasy commercial jobs would benefit more from a rotary scrub.. A rotary you could post pad with as well.. I'm glad you mentioned electric vac motors differ from Positive Displacement TM vac.. Smatty boy is tryna setup the noob..
Portable pumps are much different than truck mount pumps as well. Most portables struggle to put out 500 psi on a 2 flow wand.

Reactions: Bryce C

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
One more thing, the ones running 5-600psi are also using positive displacement blowers and not vacuum motors. More is not always better.
That's a great tip and to be honest I figured as much. Today I was watching closely and I could see steamy moisture slightly escaping the sides of the world's greatest wand on my portable even at 350psi. Around 400psi sounds spot on for the most I can safely blast anything with.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Code red has enzymes, same as the prochem stuff Larry recommended.

Code red is also loaded with Oxy for organic stains.

You would have to ad a scoop of sodium per carbonate to power burst to equal out.

I under stand not wanting to over wet, think of it more as flushing the carpet.

Use extra dry strokes and fans to mitigate over wetting.
I like me some oxy and enzymes. I think I will get some sodium percarbonate to boost simpler pre-sprays with. I read a thread where folks were saying enzymes don't often perform well when added to alkaline detergents, but Saiger's formulation and some others do. Not sure if that is true though.

Flushing the carpet is a great thought. Good to hear it's generally safe within reason as long as it is mitigated with extra dry strokes and fans as that's what I've been doing and I haven't gotten any bad feedback.

Reactions: SamIam

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
can't heal a 'mex
But I understand why 'mex is preferred ....it's far more crew idiot proof

..L.T.A
Why in the world do you need to heal a 175 on carpet😳 It’s not like you’re trying to get a difficult mark or extra layer of finish off of vct. We’re talking agitating, not grinding. 21st century chemicals shouldn’t need grinding. My idiot crews know how to run 175s by the way. There’s just no need on carpet.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I like me some oxy and enzymes. I think I will get some sodium percarbonate to boost simpler pre-sprays with. I read a thread where folks were saying enzymes don't often perform well when added to alkaline detergents, but Saiger's formulation and some others do. Not sure if that is true though.

Flushing the carpet is a great thought. Good to hear it's generally safe within reason as long as it is mitigated with extra dry strokes and fans as that's what I've been doing and I haven't gotten any bad feedback.
There's a misconception with enzymes natural and synthetic, natural need to in 10 pH or less.

Synthetic are much more resilient in different situations.

Any high pH cleaner with enzymes is using synthetic enzymes.

A lot of guys argue saying enzymes won't work in a high pH environment.

Reactions: Bryce C

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Why in the world do you need to heal a 175 on carpet😳 It’s not like you’re trying to get a difficult mark or extra layer of finish off of vct. We’re talking agitating, not grinding. 21st century chemicals shouldn’t need grinding. My idiot crews know how to run 175s by the way. There’s just no need on carpet.
Heel

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
But from who?
If it's any consolation Marty, Jim Pemberton for upholstery coming up in June, and possibly a whole bunch more with him at later dates. Joey Pickett for carpet in August because it's happening 45 minutes from my home and very affordable. Still trying to see if I'll make it out to Texas in December with Mike and Bryan for their multi-surface course, I'll know that for certain within this next week. If I can't see them this year then I'll be sure to make it out with those guys next year and will default to a simpler 2 day course more locally and affordably that covers cleaning synthetic and natural hard surfaces this year. But I'm hoping I can pull it together and go train with those guys this year.

Until then I'm just going to do everything I possibly can to continue learning and growing my business without causing any harm. Hopefully some of the wise and kind souls here will continue giving me pointers along the way. Does that sound good?

Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Back
Top Bottom