Greasy commercial, have you tried leaving an encap?

Mikey P

Administrator
To slow down resoiling?,
Does chasing your HWE with a hearty dose of a real crystallizing shampoo slow down resoiling?

Spray and leave it like a protector or brush/pad it in?

Or not happening?

It my disgusting experience that cimex'd restaurants stay looking cleaner longer than hwe'd...

steve_64

I've tried but didn't think it helped. Tried a lot of different Prespray and rinsed too.

Some Prespray will cause faster resoiling than others.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
To slow down resoiling?,
Does chasing your HWE with a hearty dose of a real crystallizing shampoo slow down resoiling?
Spray and leave it like a protector or brush/pad it in?
Or not happening?
It my disgusting experience that cimex'd restaurants stay looking cleaner longer than hwe'd...

In an ideal world on a trashed place, pre scrub, hwe and run some encap over it after actually removing some dirt.

Re soiling? I could see how an encap could help, for a while.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Back in the 70's our cleaning company would post shampoo with soil retardant shampoo after HWE for both better appearance and less resoiling.

To be clear, we were running pH 11 emulsifiers boosted with pH 12 degreasers through our chemical system, so resoiling after HWE was more of an issue then.

Reactions: J Scott W

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Would rather spray some carpet protector on than introduce some FAUX scampoo crap.
Just include it in the price. Should help you next time you clean that shit hole.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
in years past I tried it in a couple com buildings we did and could monitor
I couldn't tell any noticeable different (same for protectant too for that matter)

But they weren't grease pits nor did they get trashed to speak of

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I find that carpet protector works well on my commercial jobs. Mostly apartment hallways. A building that I sprayborged last year is holding up well, just scheduling it in again for this year. The problem with the grease pits, is that they are grease pits. if you can't stop the grease from coming out of the kitchen, you are banging your head against the wall. Make sure you are not leaving D'limonene in the carpet as it attracts grease.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't think it will matter. Initially it will look brighter than HWE alone. However the foot traffic is just to much to overcome.

All the things that managers will never pay for would make a difference. Regular vacuuming, weekly run through with encap and pad would extend the appearance. Unloading the soil/grease monthly.

It seems the better we clean restaurants, the longer the try to extend the frequency. "Its still looking good, maybe next week" :errf:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
encap after HWE makes them "pop" but grease is grease

this is where probiotic cleaners interest me (never used them outside of wineries) but even the invisible are going to get overwhelmed by the visible but may make noticeable difference?

Reactions: Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
All I know, the carpet that I have absolute green light to keep clean at any cost, that is what I do. I control frequency and use. I flush as I see fit, and maintain with encap simply because it’s easier and less down time. Period. I even do the same on upholstery, same reason.

Reactions: Mikey P

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I've observed that that nastiest carpet will clean up far more easily if treated with a protectant every cleaning. I didn't charge for it on any recurring job, I did it to make my life easier.

The manager of a restaurant we clean monthly complained that the carpet looked good for about a week. The problem was an asphalt parking lot on one side, a creosoted dock on the other, no walk mats, and a clean looking but oily kitchen floor. Suggested we clean the entry every week, but he wouldn't pay for it. We spray encap in the entrance and brush it in after cleaning and now it looks good for about two weeks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Math does not work for an encapsulant soil resistance to be effective as a rinse. Your are diluting 1 to 320 and extracting 80% of what you put down. An encapsulant pre-spray is diluted 1 to 16, 1 to 32 and left on the carpet.
I see that your math seems legit. But you can always increase the amount of chemical in the 5gallon jug to make it more potent. Instead of putting just 2cups in the rinse jug, what would 5gallons of encap juice do? It would certainly leave behind enough encapsulant formula to crystalize in the carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom