Green Bee Carpet Care

G

green bee

Im wondering what everyone thinks about set prices? for a standard cleaning with a prespray and extraction? Im trying to start a new business and think people will appreciate a lower price.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I saw 2 rooms for $15 in my area.

Can you beat that?

Actually playing the I have the lowest price game is a good way to the poor house.

Better to sell value, trust, honesty, professionalism and the other good things you offer.

Price can be one of the last considerations for a quality prospect choosing a cleaner.

Name
I'm Rick James
green bee said:
Im wondering what everyone thinks about set prices? for a standard cleaning with a prespray and extraction? Im trying to start a new business and think people will appreciate a lower price.

Im sure they will also appreciate you doing it for free. Charge so you can make good money and not what you think the customer will pay.

gavin

a set price isn't always bad, if you are making money on each job and you are sticking to your set price and not pulling bait and switch / up sell crap.

letting a customer know right from your ad what to expect to pay in my opinion is a good thing. or even if it's not in your ad and you can just give them a quick set price over the phone, that could be a way to save a lot of time and money.

the problem is competition will advertise a lower price. and if price is the only reason they are calling, you loose.

so sure, have a set price, but get them to call you because you are YOU.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Been crazy busy Keith...sorry I haven't gotten back to you via email yet.

First add up your current hard costs and add in your variable expenses.

Look at what it costs you to pull up a job.

Add what profit margin you want and set your price accordingly.

Personally I've always like the square pricing structure and doing an estimate. Doesn't work for everyone to do it that way though.

Do a search on pricing here and you'll find a lot of schools of thought.

Bottom line is to price yourself so you are making a profit and don't be apprehensive about charging people a price that YOU deserve to get paid. You'll find that people that are only concerned about price are ones that are rarely loyal and are a pain in the butt.

What is your target market? If you looking at doing loads of volume for a lower price and that will be your business model then a set price may be what your looking for.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I think the problem is that his potential custys don't know that he "deserves" a certain price when your new. Do you swirl a pad like a Chem-Dry hack, use a 100psi porty w/ no heat? TM w/ RX-20? Have good training/education? Everybody wants the high-dollars, but if you're not providing the TRUE A+ service (w/ educating custys and cleaning), using equipment that REALLY cleans carpet, and all the bells-n-whistles (corner guards, botties, free spotters, etc...) you'll probably have to start on the lower end and work your way up.

My thoughts on the set price is that room pricing is better for me. I don't know how these other guys (O/O) have the time to do 15 jobs per week and give estimates everyday, just don't get it??? Plus, when asking the right questions you can give a very accurate quote over the phone, and be sure to explain the possible extra charges (pet stains, red stains, scotchgard etc..) NO SURPRISES and they'll be good with that and you'll save a lot of time running around measuring/give estimates.

S

sam miller

Its Your business and You know what other are doing in Your market!

Make sure You can make money after Gas advertising Insurance's auto and business chemicals and equipment upkeep and repair.

Second a low end spray and steam entry job have at least a minimum! say $50 and go from there You could also offer a full service

for Prevac, prespot, scrub, Rinse, moving most furniture, raking on completion and speed drying with fan! More show more dough!

Goodluck

Mike Draper

2 things you cant do together: provide the highest quality service at the cheapest price.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If your overhead is low and you know what you're doing,you can have a semi low price and still make money.

With that said, charge accordingly for carpet cleaning but be sure to have other things to offer when you get to the job

Scotchgard
Pet Treatment
Upholstery Cleaning
Tile Cleaning
Whatever

Square footage or room prices or set whole house prices doesn't matter as long as you make a profit...hopefully a good profit.
Carpet Cleaning is easy for me and will become easy for anyone who puts some time into it.

So if you can get in the door with a "good" price, you only have UP to go.
By "good" I mean good for you and good for the customer.

Don't play the price wars game with your competition. Set yourself apart with a good image, great customer service and consistent follow ups or reminders.

Big Mike does set pricing for whole houses and he does just fine. Mikey charges through the roof but he lives in an area that can handle that.

Everyone and everywhere is different. Find your place and make it happen.

GCP

gavin said:
a set price isn't always bad, if you are making money on each job and you are sticking to your set price and not pulling bait and switch / up sell crap.

letting a customer know right from your ad what to expect to pay in my opinion is a good thing. or even if it's not in your ad and you can just give them a quick set price over the phone, that could be a way to save a lot of time and money.

the problem is competition will advertise a lower price. and if price is the only reason they are calling, you loose.

so sure, have a set price, but get them to call you because you are YOU.

well said.....

G

green bee

Thanks for the comments with actual thought behind them. I appreciate it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom