green glide

G

my glide keped falling off the wand and it seemed liked i didnt have the vacum i had before so i took it off and put it back on and sealed it with goop ??? is this the wrong thing to do it does have more vacum i can feel it and it seems to leave the carpet dryer than before its a little bit harder to move on some carpets i did seal it all the way around???>

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Marine Goop is the choice of champions (me)

Though I really don't know if there if there is a dimes worth of difference between regular Goop, Plumber's Goop, Shoe Goop or Marine Goop

so as long as it's Goop (a name brand sealant/adhesive) you should be good to go

BTW, what wand and which style glide?
hole, slot, hybrid?

..L.T.A.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The difference between Marine Goop and Household Goop is Marine Goop has UV inhibitors. The Household goop comes with a handy applicator tip, so that is the one we use.

Scott, your glide should not be falling off your wand. It should seal tight (except for a very slight gap on the ends) and seat firm. Sounds like you may have the wrong glide for your wand. Call me at 866-438-8335 with the wand (and glide) in hand so we can check it out. Pics are often very helpful as well, so if you have a cell phone camera or digi cam, take pics of the back of the head of the wand, front of the head, valve and then back up and take a pic of the whole wand. You can either send those to my cell phone (951-218-1600) or email them (truckmountgirl@gmail.com). We'll get it figured out.

Take care,
Lisa

R

R W

My glide fits loose on both my wands....PC Ti, and PC Quad, but with my extreme vac from the Genny 59, It needs the extra relief.

G

My Green Glide went on as advertised after a good boiling; never sealed it; and still reaping benefits from it such as quicker dry times.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
RW, the Titanium glide comes in an undersize version for those wands (about 10%) that have smaller lips or those who are severely worn. The quad is not usually loose fitting, though a slot can get loose when it's about worn out and thin on the bottom. Make sure you are heating those Prochem glides REALLY well before you install them, Prochem's are the hardest to install. Boil them or bake in the oven at 250 for like 20 minutes before installation. Once installed squeeze the glides to help them tighten back up.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom