Green grout sealer

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Does it exists?. I thought I saw a post some time ago on this but cannot find it. I gave a quote for close to 400 shower regrouts and they are asking if I can use a green sealer.

thanks,
Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Albert, Most of stonetech's water based sealers are almost all environmentally friendly and voc complient. But what I would preach to with green people is thus: if you use a weaker sealer, you have a better chance of leaving contamination behind in your grout, while a better sealer will make cleaning easier and more effective, and the easeir it is the more effective green cleaning products will be and the less often you'll have to use said products. Ergo the minimal exposure to a better product will result in a greatly reduced exposure to their cleaning solutions over the life of the sealer..

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Most organizations that certify something as "green" require it to biodgrade. The purpose of a sealer is to stay there and not dgrade. So a good quality sealer that lasts will not meet these requirement to be certified green.

There are many water based products that will work well and are environmentally friendly. The Stonetech products are good, but I prefer not to use rpoducts that are sold at Home Depot, Lowe's or any fo the stores the do it yourselfer might purchase from. Spinergy SolidRock is a top quality water based sealer for stone and grout or HydroForce Premium sealer for tile and grout.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks, now they want a green tile cleaner too. I know Procyon has one but I've never used it. To bad Cobb's Powermaxx is not green because it works really well.

Any ideas?

Albert

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Green Balance Hard Surface Cleaner will work great on ceramic and porcelain tile. The results on the grout will depend upon how the floor was maintained, was it previously sealed? Did they neglect regular cleaning?

Green Balance HArd Surface Cleaner won't do the same cleaning as a strong alkaline with a lot of solvent, but it does good on most residential tile floors.

Back
Top Bottom