Green pad on a 175 on a greasy CGD

Bob Foster

I had a CGD in a bar that looks like they dump out their deep fryer on it every week. On Mike's recommendation and because this carpet had nothing left to lose I lubed up my machine ( Crowley will like that part) and have at her.

Very aggressive pad and it made my big Clarke hum and made that circuit breaker work overtime ( 4 times I reset it) but it kicked the crap out of that greasy carpet way better than a red pad.

Don't try this at home cuz it will destroy most carpets and make sure you got your business really lubed up. !gotcha!

But by the sound of things that 360i would have saved a step and flushed it better.

Tripping circuit breakers is so unprofessional. I had that problem with the green pad. Because the pad scrubs so much more aggresively the pad wears out very fast. A red pad is the best I have used for ease of use and durability.

Bob Foster

danielc said:
Tripping circuit breakers is so unprofessional. I had that problem with the green pad. Because the pad scrubs so much more aggressively the pad wears out very fast. A red pad is the best I have used for ease of use and durability.

Unprofessional is leaving the carpets less clean than they could be.

I did this place with a red pad the last time and that pad still tripped breakers. The Clarke is a real heavy big motored beast. The results were noticeably better with the green pad. It has some really badly crusted areas coming out of the kitchen and bar areas that took no extra effort to break down.

They haven't invented walk off mats yet in Canada.

Good to hear. I have one I will have to just pray the breakers don't trip as I plan on using a green pad.

It is unprofessional when you are cleaning a business and you kill the power to about 20 computers and people are working on them. A restaurant at 12 am is a different story.

Bob Foster

Nobody around at 7AM. I'm careful with the Cimex in office buildings because you never know when someone might be working on a computer or how it might effect a server in a back room if a breaker goes down.

I won't start a job after 10PM or before 6AM. Life's too short for that kind of work.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Cimex with Fiber max pads does great on those jobs.

Bob Foster

I sure the hell don't Cimex restaurants to clean them. But I've read once where John Watson post HWE encapped one.

Name
Nate W.
Bob Foster said:
I sure the hell don't Cimex restaurants to clean them. But I've read once where John Watson post HWE encapped one.

I ASSume tmdry meant using the fibermax pads and the cimex to scrub the place. Not encap as the method. Atleast that's what I'd do in your shoes. :lol:

Btw, where's the pics?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom