Green with Tile Clean

Name
I'm Rick James
So my business model is to use green cleaning products. I have done a bunch of tile and grout cleaning prior to being an owner. I enjoyed doing it and want to add it to my services.

My questions:

Is it possible to clean residential T&G using safe cleaning products, if so what products are reccomended.

This isnt a topic if green is a real or not, so if we can keep it on topic.

Thanks

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yes, depending on how you define green. T & G cleaning is done with one or types of cleaning products strong alkaline and an acid (don’t use acid on stone) plus protector. You can use a wide variety of products for the alkaline cleaning. I have a tendency to reach of the butyl for this because it’s cheap and works like a champ. I’m sure the highest ph “green” product you use on carpet mixed a little stronger would do the trick for most jobs. I sometimes use procyon. To whiten up the grout lines you need an acid cleaner. I think allot of the products are mainly glycolic acid. They are safe you use with some precautions and will be neutralized when disposed of in sanitary sewer. The best grouts protectors are water based fluorochemical type and very little product is used.

Name
I'm Rick James
I was going to head to jon don in the next few days. Gonna get some equipment and cleaning products and add it as a service. There is a big demand here.

CapeCleaner

ACE said:
The best grouts protectors are water based fluorochemical type and very little product is used.
The best grout "protectors" are color sealers. Color sealing grout also goes a long way in promoting green cleaning as the floors can be maintained between professional cleanings simply by mopping up spills with just a damp mop or using an environmentally friendly neutral cleaner. Any definition of green cleaning must also account for maintenance, not just the initial cleaning.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I hope your green products will perform for you. Remember, not all soil loads in grout are built the same. Time is money.

I looked on Magic Wands site to see if Oxyblaster was biodegradable but couldn't find the MSDS sheet. Call them up and they will help you. I've tested 6 different T&G "green" cleaners and nothing and I mean nothing stacks up against Oxyblaster. But I wish you the best in your green quest.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I haven't tried any of those green cleaners for t/g. Several guys I talked to said they aren't strong enough. As far as Oxyblaster, that's a good booster for an alkaline.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Nero said:
So my business model is to use green cleaning products. I have done a bunch of tile and grout cleaning prior to being an owner. I enjoyed doing it and want to add it to my services.

My questions:

Is it possible to clean residential T&G using safe cleaning products, if so what products are recommended.

This isn't a topic if green is a real or not, so if we can keep it on topic.

Thanks

I don't know what prespray you are using...?

But you can BOOST it with sodium per-carbonate...and that should do the trick.. !gotcha!

We have had good success with enzyme cleaners...BP "Power-Break"

We now use Judson o2....works great...BOOST with "hot sauce"...if necessary....!

cleanway

It depends on how far you would want to take on that effort. It defnitely is possible to switch to green cleaning, however, in some tough cases you may have to stray to obtain a clean cleaning job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom