Greenhorn owners Describe your setup

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I just Got The GH a short time ago and am still getting used to it so Im curious how you other GH users run your setup. Ive been using 525 psi @ .10 flow and it seems I could go much higher even with my #4 blower.

What kind of jets are you using and at what psi, how about your blower setup. Thanks for sharing.

TimP

I have a cds 4.8 with salsa. It has a 47 blower. Most runs I make are 100 ft of 2" only. With this length I run 500 psi and only connect the amount of solution hose needed to make the run although I have a live real I prefer to have less hose to loose heat with and make it a shorter distance for it to travel. My truck while cleaning stays between 215 and 200 when cleaning at the rate of flow the greenhorn gives...or maybe I just need to descale since I haven't in quite some time. Anyways I make a quick forward and a slow backward pass and follow with 2 forward and 2 backward dry passes. I may be able to get away with less but I'm too anal to stray from IICRC standards. Anyway most carpet only feels cool to the touch when I'm done. If I had an Airpath I could easily have the carpet dry before I left. I see no need to increase psi since I feel there is more than an adequate amount of water rinsing the carpet.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I use 250' live solution reel.

I am 600-650 psi and 275 degrees with 15 flow.

All 2.5" hose except for 2" lead.

Passes are determined by carpet condition. Normally up and back wet strokes. Very rarely ever dry stroke. All is dry except last 10 mins of cleaning when done on resi.

Dual wand GH most commercial.

bc

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
boazcan said:
IVery rarely ever dry stroke. All is dry except last 10 mins of cleaning when done on resi. bc

I have trouble believing you have dry carpets with no dry pass. Especially in a humid place like Florida. In arizona maybe, but not florida.

I have never worked with something as powerful as you have, but it just doesn't seem right. What if don't overlap perfectly on your backstroke?

Wouldn't the carpet be completely soaked there? If it was just sprayed but somehow wasn't extracted due to some funky wand movement you would have a wet streak.

Like I said, I've never used anything like what you have, but I just can't see it being dry. Maybe it could be "Dry", but not actually Dry.

TimP

I could probably "get away" with no dry passes if I wasn't concerned about dry times and probably have less than 24 hour dry times, or use fans to make up for the lack of dry strokes. However, I like my carpet to be as dry as I can get it so my customers are amazed and I don't care to lug an air-mover out unless I just have to, now if I had a helper with me they would definitely lug one one.

KBRENNY

36 hp kohler, 56 roots full speed, 17", 65' 2.5" hose and 50' of 2" hose typical. 35 to 45 min dry times with no air movers. 5 #2 jets at 550 psi.

also have a temp gauge plumbed between the valve and jet manifold and I run 1/4" id hose from the valve to the manifold.

DCP_1893.jpg

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Dry to the touch works for me. Never had a customer pull out a hydrosensor on me.

It is what it is. If it is very humid or raining, I bring in the airpath. Mostly bring in the airpath anyway for show. Always get big eyes when I turn that thing on high.

No need to make it up. As long as the heat is flowing properly, it will dry as said. Blame Greenie, he is the one who made me buy all that stuff!!

bc

Back
Top Bottom