GREENHORN vs. PROCHEM TITANIUM?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Which is better? Which leaves carpet dryer? Wich one is going to last longer? Pros? Cons? This question is aimed at cc that have had both or at least at one time worked with both. This is not a competition between wands but a comparison, as i have been wanting a greenhorn for a while but have not took the plunge and bought one.

Walt

Ti Wands are nearly indestructible. I ran one of mine over with a Vortex. It broke the glide but the wand was barely scratched. If you are looking for indestructible then it's the wand for you.

Assuming your aren't as careless as me, get the GreenHorn. It probably wouldn't have survived - but it costs hundreds less and comes pimped from the start. Take the money you'll save and buy the stair tool (my personal favorite GG tool).

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have both on my truck and prefer the titanium. But, only because the head height on the titanium is a bit lower, thus allowing me to get under more things.

Rambo

I am almost sure Greenie told me last week, he is no longer making the Greenhorn when he saw my post that I had an almost new 5 jet, 14" Greenhorn for sale for $495.

Greenie

Here is the deal: The Greenhorn only has one weakness, it's Not made from titanium, so don't let it fall out of your truck on the highway, and don't run it over with your vortex.

And no, you can't buy one right now, unless a stocking dist. has one, I'll make some more later, but not until I have 10 guys waiting, (I'll make another 25) Les just bought the last 7 of the 12" models we had left.

It WILL physically outclean and outdry any other wand on the market, but I still hold a soft spot in my heart for the titanium, it's a good durable tool, and I'm not fond of selling a "good horse".

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have both

both are fine

I always grab the TI wand first but that is the wand I was raised on, if was raised on the greenhorn then I would probably be grabbing it first

if I had only a glideless wand, it would be a Ti wand

but I believe there is a difference in the new ti wand vs the ti wand of old, I may be wrong

TimP

I've run over a greenhorn.....they don't survive.

It's sad to hear no greenhorns are being made. I guess I need to guard the one I have now with my life.....

TimP

It would be great if they would fix the downfalls of the Titanium wand. Like the center spacing around the tube. If that was fixed then it probably would be the best for sure.

Chris A

Name
Chris
you mean the 2" dirty streak when you up the jet size? I angled the jets every way I could with no help.

Greenie

The jet extensions, high flow, and 110º wide jets do indeed help with the center streak, I think many skip the 110º jet, it's not an "option" it's required.

G

If Greenie has his own design in the works. What would a Ti Greenhorn 2.0 retail for?

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah I had 110s on mine, maybe it was psychological, but I knew it was still there

Greenie

about the same, or slightly less than the current Ti wand. But it's not "in the works" as of now.

Mike Draper

I polish my Greenhorn with a clean soft cotton towel each night when I'm done workin. still shines like new for my custy's every day. Apearence means alot in my book. I don't want my tools lookin like they are a Western Family Special of the week!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I did the same the first few weeks, then got tired of screwing with it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I also have a hard time keeping the van clean when its 5 degrees outside, I just don't have the motivation.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Have you SEEN my Ti wand?! You might change your mind. And its certainly not useless, I cut my teeth on that wand. Plus it's 3rd generation, so I have a hard time parting with it.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Rambo said:
I am almost sure Greenie told me last week, he is no longer making the Greenhorn when he saw my post that I had an almost new 5 jet, 14" Greenhorn for sale for $495.

Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
That damn greenhorn has cost me more money then its worth.....

fookin burns my retnas when i use it in well lit places 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
c_adkins said:
Have you SEEN my Ti wand?!

not that recall.
Doesn't matter, cause they're a "forever" wand.
i want one with 09 flow for empties and one with 06 flow for res

a "beat to he11" Ti would be fine for empties
(and should be sold for CHEAP, right?) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Larry B said:
Rambo said:

Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yea, Rambo was having some hand issues with the 2" tube, said he was thinking of selling it, I was Like, Ray, I'm not making any more of those anytime soon, you better hold onto it, or at least realize what it is worth....He never emailed back, so I think he kept it for a bit longer... 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom