Greenhorn Wand Hi Flow questions?

I have a greenhorn 14" wand and I absolutely love it! It has 5 jets on it and I want to run it as high flow as possible.
Which jets would you guys recommend that would allow me to flow the most water? I have a thermal wave 5m with 2 1/2 hose.
Also, what PSI do you guys run? I've been running my GH at 500 to 700 psi and the carpets are dry to touch where are start cleaning first by the time I leave. I think the GH cleans better then my RX20. I cleaned a restaurant 2 months ago with the RX20 and had to make several passes. I cleaned it last month with the GH and only needed one pass and it cut an hour off my time. I never thought there would be a day that I said a wand out cleaned the RX20. I think its one of the best investments that I have made it cleans so well.
Thanks for any advice....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Rob,

If you have the stock jets on it, they are .02's. The flow rate on your unit would be limited mainly by how much heat you need and how you are getting that heat.

What is your current heat setup? Do you like to clean with fire-breathing heat or are you okay in the sub-200 range?

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl said:
Rob,

If you have the stock jets on it, they are .02's. The flow rate on your unit would be limited mainly by how much heat you need and how you are getting that heat.

What is your current heat setup? Do you like to clean with fire-breathing heat or are you okay in the sub-200 range?

Take care,
Lisa

My Thermal Wave does throw flames for sure...I'm starting to think that having more flow and cleaning with a little less heat would clean better...What are my options? If I have 5-02's wouldn't that be 10 flow?
Could I go with 04's or 05's or 06's without compromising too much heat? Or am I not understanding flow correctly?

Thanks Lisa much appreciated...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
.03's usually satisfy most estreme high flow guys, .04's tops. if you want more flush you can always turn up the pressure on the nasty jobs.

Bob, you have stock .02's which as Rob said is 10 flow. Most wands are jetted to 6 total flow. The GH is already high flow, just some want even more.

Take care,
Lisa

thanks lisa for your advice. I definitly agree that the green horn is high flow. I've been extremely happy with the way that it cleans just wanted to know if I could turn it up a notch or 2 and get better results...Thanks again....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
you are also limited by the flow of your pump and the solution line, so try .03's and go from there.

Take care,
Lisa

thanks Ron I appreciate your imput also...its the conversation last year that got me thinking about high flow....

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Will a GreenHorn with 03s streak less than with 02s? Will a 25/47/3CP handle five 03s?

Ron Werner said:
I've got 03's on mine, clean about 500-600psi
I find it rinses extremely well and maximizes my water supply. 02's just didn't rinse enough, I was getting wickbacks

Do you think that is because of the angle of the jets? My prochem has 1.5 jets and I have never had a problem with it not rinsing good.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
danielc said:
Ron Werner said:
I've got 03's on mine, clean about 500-600psi
I find it rinses extremely well and maximizes my water supply. 02's just didn't rinse enough, I was getting wickbacks

Do you think that is because of the angle of the jets? My prochem has 1.5 jets and I have never had a problem with it not rinsing good.
Jet angle and all were the same, only diff was the size of jet. I'm usually a slow wander, try to give everything a good flush. When I changed back to the 02's to boost the heat a little, I noticed on some cut piles that some of the more soiled spots wicked back. I had around 3 of them within a week or two. Haven't had any issues since I switched back to the 03's.

Ron Werner said:
danielc said:
[quote="Ron Werner":2brdaxvb]I've got 03's on mine, clean about 500-600psi

Jet angle and all were the same, only diff was the size of jet. I'm usually a slow wander, try to give everything a good flush. When I changed back to the 02's to boost the heat a little, I noticed on some cut piles that some of the more soiled spots wicked back. I had around 3 of them within a week or two. Haven't had any issues since I switched back to the 03's.[/quote:2brdaxvb]

I didn't mean the angle on your greenhorn. My question was do you think that becasue of the angle of the jets on the gh that it requires a higher flow or pressure to produce the same cleaning results as a 6 flow quadjet that does not have angled jets?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Johnny said:
Will a GreenHorn with 03s streak less than with 02s? Will a 25/47/3CP handle five 03s?

I don't use a GH yet but I use a Westpak with a total of 12 flow. My 3CP and 47 blower keep up just fine and still get 220-230 degrees atm.

If your going to go high flow be sure you have the vac to back it up or you will need to use extra dry passes. Go with 2.5" hose and always make sure all filters are clean to maximize your vac.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
danielc said:
Jet angle and all were the same, only diff was the size of jet. I'm usually a slow wander, try to give everything a good flush. When I changed back to the 02's to boost the heat a little, I noticed on some cut piles that some of the more soiled spots wicked back. I had around 3 of them within a week or two. Haven't had any issues since I switched back to the 03's.[/quote]

I didn't mean the angle on your greenhorn. My question was do you think that becasue of the angle of the jets on the gh that it requires a higher flow or pressure to produce the same cleaning results as a 6 flow quadjet that does not have angled jets?[/quote]
I think the angle does effect what size of jet and what pressure is needed.
I have a 12" wand that was glided, 2in pipe, 2 jets 03's that were the straight down style. Running that at 400psi I was getting extra long dry times over what I'm getting now. Still got the carpets looking great.
With the GH and the angled jets, I can be more confident in flushing a spot and not worry about soaking it. Few years back I wanted to build a wand that would work like the Drimaster but use a jet, not just have flow. The GH works just like I wanted. This is why Ron, the other Ron, can run 24flow.

(Thinking as I type here, running 24 flow, at a reduced pressure, it would penetrate far enough but get pulled back out with a glide. I can see how its working for him. MIght be worth a try. With 03's I would boost my pressure to 600 but then I might be blasting water past the glide before it picked up. Not quite the same effect.)

With non angled jets I would stay with 02's at most, at about 400psi max.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
danielc said:
I didn't mean the angle on your greenhorn. My question was do you think that becasue of the angle of the jets on the gh that it requires a higher flow or pressure to produce the same cleaning results as a 6 flow quadjet that does not have angled jets?

Having had a quadjet with 6 flow, upgrading it to 12 flow and now having a GreenHorn with 10 flow (soon to be upgrading to a 15), I can tell you that the first upgrade made a huge improvement in being able to rinse with out making multiple strokes and still removing as much soil or more than the standard 06 flow. I used a hole glide and jet extenders and I know I was moving more heat to the carpet just from the feel of the prochem while extracting. When I moved to the Greenhorn a week ago, the results were even better. I went down in total flow, but the jet manifold is lowered and angled to create a better shearing action that blasts through the fibers rather than forcing fluid from the tops down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom