Greg Cole and SFS

harryhides

Name
Tony
Jeff is a very nice guy and a real gent that would never try to embarrass anyone on purpose.

The videos are usually shown before the class actually begins and I doubt he had any idea that one of the videos that they usually show involved Greg's Company 12 yrs ago. A Company that many would still regard as a bait and switch type of company but which may in fact be much improved since then as would appear to be the case simply by the fact they are now attending SFS classes.

The video by Jeff Bishop that was mentioned was taken out of context.
It was basically a warning to consumers in general to avoid Company's that for example showed up in a station wagon with a Porty in the back. It did not specifically say that ALL Porty operators were "Hacks" !

Jeff Bishop is well known for promoting and endorsing Portys made by Tennant for commercial work.

The Preacher

bishop hauls a US Products porty around himself. seen it with myowndamneyes when i took Ruthie's color book class!!! :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jeff Cutshall is really cool, he reads this board and occasionally posts here too.

Along with being a Vast instructor, he is a full time commercial carpet cleaner in KC.

I agree he is not the type to purposely offend anyone, the material is aimed at the majority of companies that operate with that business model.

If Gregory's company actually operates above that, then that's why he is pissed.

He stated before on ICS that he has TM's also, but they belong to the high end company they operate.

I'd tend to believe I was getting short changed if you pulled up to my house with a portable.

But if the customers are paying a cheap rate, and they are happy with the cleaning, then more power to them. :wink:

Name
Evets
he advertises x# of rooms for $85. If prespray is necessary that price jumps to $225.
What do you call THAT?!
I think that it's the funniest thing that's been posted in quite a while,and he did it himself.

Of course, Ken jumps to his rescue. He insist on defending this guy for some reason.
Maybe Atlanta is the only area that has the stationwagon porty guys.

"no ma'am, we don't clean BOTH sides of the cushion for THAT price".
"scotchgard is IN THE CLEANING SOLUTION"

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I think one of greg's purposes of being on ICS is to make himself feel better...."just made 20K today", "what kind of Lexus should I buy my wife?"....he loves to brag...and he went on ICS bashing the shit out of the class, but then Steve comp'd him some tickets and offered an apology...seemed to make greg happy. Steve has always come across as a class-act, but I wonder how greg would have handle the situation if Steve didn't react that way?

Oh yeah, and $85 on coupon, but $225 to include "PRE-SPRAY"...call it what you want, but bait-n-switch all day imo.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
In the past I defended what I thought were unprovoked attacks that had no apparent substance or purpose other than to put Greg down. I don't know him from adam or what he charges for what. We did speak on the phone a few days after those attacks a few months ago and he seemed like a stand up guy. How he runs his business doesn't effect my business in any way so I can take him at the face value I got from speaking with him as I hope hope he and others do with me.

On this latest issue I spoke out in support of the VAST program not in defense of Greg. We had a fantastic VAST program at our place. I think it was very classy of Steve to do what he did and it seemed like Greg felt that way too as he then came out and acknowledged it publicly like he did when he was not happy. I am not sure what the concern here is? This and other forums tout themselves to be the great equalizer, then a man posts something that may have been the trigger for action and action is taken. It seems like we should all be saying "Wow this internet community works!" rather than finding another way to dig someone.

Ken

Cameron1

I had 2 guys in that class, and as usual they came away pumped. They both showed up early for work the next morning.( thanks jondon)

The other stuff kind of speaks for itself, I think.

It's funny that after what........10-15 years.......... I think that is the first time I have heard anyone bash Vast or SFS, or Steve.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
I went to SFS class in Roselle in October of 08 with Greg. Seems like an ok guy. I don't know about the video, but I think that Greg is more into restoration now than carpet cleaning. I know he can get fired up pretty easily especially when it comes to politics!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom