Groupon...again again

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This guy is doing it again within just a few months with the same low price. The "deal" is so "good" I'm sure that's the reason they let him do it so soon again.
I actually had this guy clean my carpets from the groupon deal just to try it out and they did a really good job...carpet still looks and feels fine.
It was in Dallas last time and now it's Fort Worth...neighbor.
I've been in the pipeline for Fort Worth for over 6 months but I can't match that deal....and I don't want to.

Here's the ad

Click it to see the ad on Groupon.

grouponbabysafe.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
maybe you should bring him into the network fold, tell him he has to shit can that ad and he will make more money, being one of your minions

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Labor alone would take the all money from the Groupon.

Without add ons this would be a good way to be busy and broke.

Name
Bruce
If he's doing a good job cleaning like Brian says , then I would think the guy is going for the repeat customer. No different then a yellow page ad, almost break even and beef up your client list.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
But you're beefing up your customer list with coupon clippers. The next time that customer needs carpet cleaning they'll be searching Groupon for the next dork willing to lose money to try and get their no-loyalty business.

Name
Bruce
The Great Oz said:
But you're beefing up your customer list with coupon clippers. The next time that customer needs carpet cleaning they'll be searching Groupon for the next dork willing to lose money to try and get their no-loyalty business.
Yep, same as yellow pages. I didn't say it was good idea, just said I bet that's what he's doing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I figured they would push for the big upsale. I had them do our sofas and an extra room and I think we paid $60.00 on top of the groupon.
I would have paid more.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I used a Groupon coupon at a local restuarant last week. It was 1 day before it would have expired. Talked with employee who said that only about half of the ones who had purchased had redeemed them so far. That was 44 days in a 45 day period.

Maybe some money and advertising to be made from selling coupons that never were used.

I just don't get this Groupon thing.

Why doesn't he advertise 4 rooms for 100 dollars etc?

Why does the price have to be so dirt cheap. He gets 50 percent right?

If you wanted to promote a whole house special for 200 dollars etc, would groupon turn you down?

I have no intentions of ever doing something like that.

It just doesn't make sense.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Why have him sub for Brian. Brian should buy 200 groupons and just send him out to the addresses as needed.

Yes maam 4 rooms is $160.00

Hello C Carpet Cleaners I have a home in Fort Wayne address such and such Mrs Jones wll meet you. It is $45 for 4 rooms correct, Thank you

$115.00 to receive the call

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Daniel, they won't hardly talk to me and I offered to do 3 rooms for $79. :shock:

It's the cut throaters that get in and get in often. As long as they don't get a ton of compaints, Groupon will keep it up.

He's only sold 90 so far.

Usually it's a 50/50 split but I haggled for more on my end because I pay my guys 50%. I ended up with I think around 5 to 10 bucks a job but the upsales and repeats worked great.

I'm waiting for Sacramento to come through and I'll keep everyone updated when it does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom