Groupon....again

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am seriously thinking about doint this again....I know Ron had a bad experience....but I had a very good experience.

Only problem is they want a "better" deal than the one I did last time....I'm not sure if I want to take that chance.

Plus, my Techs might get a little pissed if they have do a job for the actual groupon price. Ugh.

It's a gamble....but the stakes my be too high.

I'm not willing to do 4 rooms for $45.00 bucks...that's for sure.

I'm just thinking on Mikey's Board.

Any thoughts?

Mike H.

My understanding is that you don't even get the full $39 - Groupon keeps half. But you get the $19.50 x 869 ($16,945.50) whether those people ever schedule the job or not. So I guess you cash in and then sit back and hope most of those Groupon customers never call you. And if they do, then as Ryan said, upsell.

One thing is for sure: Groupon makes out like a bandit. They get their 17 K without lifting a wand. No wonder their sales guy keeps hounding me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
A local company just did another round (2nd?) yesterday. Still don't understand how they make it work...............

2 rooms for $39 ......869 purchased
http://www.groupon.com/deals/platin...dium=email&utm_source=newsletter&c=read_more&

Funny, that's the exact ad she showed me to bait me in. I wouldn't even start to ask my guys to do that.
I thought the ad I ran was a huge gamble and made sure the guys knew ahead of time and asked them if they would take the gamble with me.
I told her I had to get them their minimum...they won't budge on taking a lower cut on their in now at all like they did for me last time.
I think they are getting too big?

She hasn't returned my emails since my last rebuttal. :lol:

:shock:

grouponscreenshotAtlanta.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mike H. said:
My understanding is that you don't even get the full $39 - Groupon keeps half. But you get the $19.50 x 869 ($16,945.50) whether those people ever schedule the job or not. So I guess you cash in and then sit back and hope most of those Groupon customers never call you. And if they do, then as Ryan said, upsell.

One thing is for sure: Groupon makes out like a bandit. They get their 17 K without lifting a wand. No wonder their sales guy keeps hounding me.

When I did it, most of the 98 jobs scheduled. Well over half did more than the groupon.
I got 70% of the ticket...but I don't think they will give up that extra 20% now
I did 3 rooms $79.00 up to 150 sqft per room. My guys still got their minimum and I started out making a couple bucks each groupon.
It was when they did more of course, it worked out.
It's a gamble.
The first job we did was something like 600 or 800 bucks...can't remember now. But we started off nicely.

Everything was full price after those 3 rooms of course.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
uh oh...they just submitted the deal to the decision makers...we'll see what happens. lol

It's the same deal as last time 3 rooms for $79.00 up to 150 square feet per room.

Only difference is...It's a 50/50 (and you act like I'm the only one :roll: )

My Techs will still make their money...just about....but I will make zero on anyone who doesn't get the ticket from $79.00 to $100.00.
After $100.00...it's back to normal.

It worked out great last time...we'll see this time. lol....no risk....no reward.

I'll keep you posted.

Wish me luck Ron. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well they've gotten back to me and approved the deal :shock:
When I did it a year ago in Dallas the deal really worked well.

The only difference this time is I don't get a cut at all out of the deal.
I got about 5 bucks last year. :shock: :shock:

We'll see what happens.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Check out this guy. 2294 sold he ran a groupon in Colorado Springs about a week before this one and sold about 800 there. I have a feeling he will regret it. $55 for 2000 sq ft... keep in mind groupon keeps half of that. This guy lives one hour away from Denver too. You should read all the comments

http://www.groupon.com/deals/air-comfort-green-seal-212-denver

He runs portables and bad talk truckmounts in the discussion... Not to mention he lies about be part of the BBB and certified.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Groupon wants to give the "best" deals to it's members. :roll:
That $79.00 for 3 rooms is the absolute lowest I will go. Just trying to keep some of the extra guys busy.

I plan on people doing more than the 3 rooms....no high pressure up sells.

Steve Manier

Is it true that you get paid before any of the work is even done? @ 2000 jobs booked. working 6 or 7 jobs 7 days a week it would take like a year to get them all done for a 1 truck operation. I bet alot of people get in way over their head and either refund the money or take it and run! LOL. Sounds interesting but could also ruin a company.

Steve

Name
Brad Gouveia
They pay you in 3 installments over 2 or 3 months. This guy says he has 4 guys running around to cover everyone but at $25 a house how much are they making when you have to pay someone?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve Manier said:
Is it true that you get paid before any of the work is even done? @ 2000 jobs booked. working 6 or 7 jobs 7 days a week it would take like a year to get them all done for a 1 truck operation. I bet alot of people get in way over their head and either refund the money or take it and run! LOL. Sounds interesting but could also ruin a company.

Steve

They send three checks...first one in about 2 weeks then every 30 days after that.

They want to make sure you don't take the money and run.

So if they sell 300 I'll get three check in the amount of $3950.00
Keep in mind that the money will go to pay the Tech and then the upsells make it worth while to me.

I did about 98 last year and the deals I see are closer to 200 now...but they are way less than my deal so we'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom