Groupon Now

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
It's new. It's Interesting, just not for services... or is it? The concept is that if you are walking down the road and want to know the deal around you instantly want to talk advantage of them - you can! Watch this, then back to the thread on this topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgk1YfIn ... r_embedded

Now what if the concept could be reversed. A carpet cleaner is in the area and available for 4 hours. What if a consumer could know that and instantly book the service with a list of requests that didn't take longer than 4 hours (including travel time). Wouldn't that be cool.... I think that it can be done. There was (is) a company in San Fransisco Called Zoospi http://www.zoospi.com that had the same idea. Unfortunately they don't have the purchasing power of Groupon :x

OK People start slamming this one... :lol:

Bob Foster

Businesses like ours are waiting for an equitable business proposition that has Groupon's popularity. This new style digital offering needs to appeal more like a Costco to consumers than like a Wal-Mart which the Groupon appeals to. I have not seen too many higher end Groupon carpet cleaning offers. These days saving money is socially acceptable to even downright necessary for upper middle class homeowners.

I think Ken Snow's remark on an earlier post today sums up "Grabbon" perfectly.

"I lose $20 dollars per job but make it up on volume. " :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The only issue that I see with Groupon is the "how low can you go" deal.

If we're not careful then it will be a "pay to play" deal...which I think some of you probably believe it is already.

The deals I've ran have ended up working out really well. But if I have to start cleaning a whole house without any money at all coming in....it could be a problem.

Not there yet....maybe Groupon will get/stay smart and regulate service prices? Who knows.

The best thing about it is the cleaners who are scared of it and they won't get involved and screw it up for us adventurous types. Thank you.

I said that I would stop posting about Groupon because it's getting over saturated and I really don't want to encourage anyone to do it.

But I felt inclined to respond to this thread.

Groupon customers are higher end customers because of the form of advertising that Groupon does. If you think low end price shoppers are the ones who buy JUST because it's a "good deaL"...You're fooling yourself.

Low end price shoppers buy on their terms...not Groupon's. They are also more inclined to get a carpet cleaned because they HAVE to...not because they see a good deal.

They would be more likely to buy a "good deal" for a cheeseburger or the like.

If someone will buy or is able to buy a carpet cleaning voucher over the internet, the chances are they have money to "burn" and don't mind burning it.

This is my experience....If you haven't done Groupon, you really just don't know and your going by all the crazy crap you make up in your own head.

And that's ok with me.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I am not talking about the traditional Groupon approach; I am talking about the "NOW" version, or what I would call the reverse "now" version for the services world. What do you think of that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom