Groupon Store...the deal is on

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They just emailed me to let me know the deal is on....they said its a "permanent" thing....whatever that means.

We'll see what happens....it's actually a better deal than I did last time because of the lesser % they are taking.
I made some really good money last time when I sold 98 of them.

Here

http://www.groupon.com/merchants/priori ... aign-0-673

[iframe:31j8v02a]http://www.groupon.com/merchants/priority-carpet-and-tile-cleaning/deals/campaign-0-673[/iframe:31j8v02a]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was thinking that I could run this deal anywhere I want.

So if any of yous are reeeeeaaally serious, I could run this deal in your area and your cut on the deal would be $35.50 (I would make $20.00) and then we split everything upsold over that 50/50 whether I upsell on my end or you upsell on your end.
You will keep the customer if you're not in my 2 normal areas.

Just a thought...I figured Mikey's Board didn't have enough drama going on right now. :roll: shiteatinggrin

Disclaimer: Depending on if they are in your area and if there is a limit on areas that I can cover. I'm pretty sure I can do it anywhere but they may change those rules at anytime.

dgargan

I looked into this and they want you to give the customer 50% off as a special and then they want 50% of that as a commission. How do you make money on this deal?

David

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You give them your "normal price" and cut THAT in half... they take 30% for this deal.

The idea is to get into the home while at the least making a minimum charge which should be enough to at least cover expenses.

Hopefully we will make more than the groupon price in each house.

Once they have paid online for their groupon, they will feel like they haven't spent anything when you get there so they are more likely to spend more.

It worked when I did it a year ago...and they took a higher % then.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can't gaurantee it will work out like gang busters or anything...but I'm willing to take a swing at it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Lose money on every job and make it back in quanity.

Hope you don't drown on this deal.

It does sound like a good deal for Goupon.

They get paid for little or no effort.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Come on Dave. Groupon put a tremendous amount of effort into growing their exposure...that's what they are paid for now.

I was to only make $5.00 from each of the groupons sold last time and my tech made I think 50 bucks...we really did well after all the upsells and that's what it's all about.

It's how much you end up with in the end that counts (after ALL expenses)

I really don't think that many will be sold....but even 10 or 20 would be nice.

I will report back all numbers if no one accuses me of "bragging" or whatever.

Hell, I might eat my shorts on the deal...you never know.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Why do I think Brian is where he is at?................. because he takes chances on shit that never pans out.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Maybe I'm spoiled.

I get several jobs a day off the net that typically are around $300 each without having to worry about price shopping or 65% discounts just to get in the door.

Bargain shoppers can go somewhere else if getting a low price is the client's main objective.

dgargan

So I have to make a coupon that gives them say 50% of a $150 cleaning and they buy the coupon for $75. Then I give Groupon 50% of the $75 so I make $37.50 for a $150 cleaning? I don't have an MBA but I still don't see how this makes you money?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok......so.....I'madumbass. Ivebeensold

The deal doesn't start until tomorrow....youda ouda thunked I would have seen the huge "Not Yet" on the "Buy Now" button.

Sometimes I amaze even myself. ugh.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dgargan said:
So I have to make a coupon that gives them say 50% of a $150 cleaning and they buy the coupon for $75. Then I give Groupon 50% of the $75 so I make $37.50 for a $150 cleaning? I don't have an MBA but I still don't see how this makes you money?

Try this

$79.00 for 3 rooms (regular $100) but I put on there regular $205 or whatever so I am giving "61%" off.
Anyway....in reality "we" get $55.30 (70%...not 50%).....which is a little more than half my regular price anyway.

Then...you upsell a couple hundred and suddenly the % doesn't matter anymore.

Risk? Yes...but it worked last time really well...we'll see this time.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Brian- I've been hesistant to bring this up but, I had a friend just like you at one time. The fucker would talk just to hear himself talk. He would sit at home and claim he had a big business going. When I met him he worked for a building company. Then he had 2 building co's of his own and both times they failed, he would blame it on one of his "partners" for stealing from the business. Then he started "Day trading" and lost 20 grand. He was an only child who lived off his dad until his dad ran out of money. Last I heard, his dad was living in a nursing home on title 19 and he was working for a trucking company working a normal job. Figure it out. Nobody knows who you are. Just because you think you look like a big shot doesn't mean most of us believe you. Too many things don't add up IMO. I still think you're FOS. Sorry, Bud.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've never said or pretended that I have a big business.

You're still reading between the lines Doug.

Try reading the actual lines once in a while.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Whoo Hoo! I've sold 1. :lol:

And I've had one email from a lady thinking about buying one.

It on for 7 days and it's early.

Edit: Ok, make that 2 sold. I'ts like gangbusters!! :shock: :roll:

Edit again: Ok 3 now...hmmm...this might be a good thing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Up to 6 sold as of now. Not too bad.
Some are scheduled.

Groupon change a major thing this time. We actually have to redeem the Groupon by entering the groupon code into their system before they will process payment...which they do every 2 weeks now instead of every 30 days.

They used to pay out the total sold in 3 installments over about 2 1/2 months.

Not a huge deal I guess...it will help keep it organized as well.

6 sold so the payout right now is $331.80.

Again, not great unless we do more than the 3 rooms on each job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom