Groupon Store Update

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, only sold 10 as you may have read

Have done 2...stuck to the deal of 3 rooms $79.00

Although we are doing a 1000 sqft tile job tomorrow from someone who found us through the Groupon Store ad.

We'll see.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Sooo... jobs for $79 with Groupon's 50% cut leaves you $40, then split that with the guy doing the work, so you each net $20 for 3 rooms.

Congratulations. If you were near me, I'd sub YOU out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rhino1 said:
Sooo... jobs for $79 with Groupon's 50% cut leaves you $40, then split that with the guy doing the work, so you each net $20 for 3 rooms.

Congratulations. If you were near me, I'd sub YOU out.

Not sure how many times I have to say this....read closely

$79.00

50% to Tech
30% to Groupon
20% to me

That's before we walk into the house. We've done plenty of jobs well over that total and then split that.

Not to mention the side benefit of the link from Groupon that helps in the search engines, the people who call who DON'T buy a groupon but still schedule, repeats, and name recognition.

Is that better?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you're an O/O is works out even better.

$79.00

30% to Groupon
$70% to you

Plus all the upsales, side jobs, repeats etc.

It's a good deal if you are self confident of your ability to make it work.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Brian R AKA Corky said:
If you're an O/O is works out even better.

$79.00

30% to Groupon
$70% to you

Plus all the upsales, side jobs, repeats etc.

It's a good deal if you are self confident of your ability to make it work.

Hmmm... no it doesn't work out better because I actually have employees. I don't think an O/O would want to invest the time at those prices, especially at this time of year. It could work if 3/4 of the groupons never got used. You could end up losing money if any of your regulars saw the ad and booked your thru Groupon instead of calling you directly.

I don't think targeting a market (that loves coupon clipping) for heavy upselling is a smart move in my area. Seems like they always want a deal on everything.

I would be a little skeptical of anything you are excited about, you seem to love everything you try - yet you don't seem that busy.
What gives?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am the busiest I've ever been ever. It only seems that way because I don't really leave the office.

I've not been excited about plenty...but I try everything that I think might work and doesn't break the bank.

Been excited more about Google than anything but like anything it's not the only thing.

Coupon clippers have more money than most....because they know how to hold on to their money.
They have nicer houses and need more done.

I'm not talking about price shoppers.

When you get to their house after they've already purchased a Groupon...it doesn't feel to them like they've spent money so they spend more.

I'm telling you, when I did it a year ago it was a huge boost to my business. I made money, my techs made money.
I was able to add 2 more crews from that deal directly and indirectly.

The only downfall now from the "deal of the day" is they want you to go too low now and that's not worth it to me.

The Groupon Store thing is pretty cool because it's still no money up front, you make your own deal and get 70%.

Did you catch the part where the customer calls you without buying a Groupon and still schedules?

dgargan

When I looked into this group on wanted 50%. I told them of other cleaners only paying 30% but they insisted they split 50/50

How did you get the 30% deal? Maybe because your in a larger market?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Brian R AKA Corky said:
I am the busiest I've ever been ever. It only seems that way because I don't really leave the office.

I've not been excited about plenty...but I try everything that I think might work and doesn't break the bank.

Been excited more about Google than anything but like anything it's not the only thing.

Coupon clippers have more money than most....because they know how to hold on to their money.
They have nicer houses and need more done.

I'm not talking about price shoppers.

When you get to their house after they've already purchased a Groupon...it doesn't feel to them like they've spent money so they spend more.

I'm telling you, when I did it a year ago it was a huge boost to my business. I made money, my techs made money.
I was able to add 2 more crews from that deal directly and indirectly.

The only downfall now from the "deal of the day" is they want you to go too low now and that's not worth it to me.

The Groupon Store thing is pretty cool because it's still no money up front, you make your own deal and get 70%.

Did you catch the part where the customer calls you without buying a Groupon and still schedules?

This has been another infomercial brought to you by Brian.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dude, do you think I make any money at all if you or anyone else does the deal?

Just trying to help...when I have an infomercial, you know it. :lol:

So KMA.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
when I started my business I did some news paper advertising and some valpak type stuff. I considered it a success if I was able to recoup the cost of the ad. I have turned those jobs eventually into thousands of $$$. the thing I would be concerned about is if repeat customers can just keep using the groupon instead of paying full price. I think with all cost factored in it costs me about $40 bucks to drive to a home and do a basic job.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have a customer that has done VERY well with the groupon thingy. He is averaging $250 a ticket. The groupon is for a basic scrub and run or they can upgrade to the pre-vac,scrub,rotovac,protector, airpath package by visiting his website and upgrading the groupon at the time of purchase. If he didn't offer the opprotunity to upgrade the groupon he would lose his ass but since he started this he has finally been able to afford to get a new TM in a newer van. I am pretty proud of the guy it has been a LOOONG 3 years that I have been trying to get him into something more reliable then his 12K+ Hour 800A :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How does he do that John?
We offer more services or they add on rooms be we get the 3 rooms clean for the price unless there is pet urine etc.

We add those on when we get to the house if needed but I don't have a "Groupon Ugrade" on my site.

Do you have a link to his site?

Thanks

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Brian do one in nashville.. sub it out to me.. I'll work for that much.......... haha money is money.. :) But i have some better ideas what about a 1 story whole house deal for $130 and a 2 story whole house for $180 thats a good deal......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom