Grout Color Sealing

dekeil

Name
DOUG
I have never coloured grout.
Is it a good add on service?

Where would a beginner begin?
What supplier make the best kit?
What grout tool works best applying color seal?
Do you have to get on your knees or is their standing grout tool?
How long do the color last?
What do you charge for this service?

I am sure lot of you would like add this service also.

Thanks

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
I've done my fair share of color sealing over the years. If I'm asked about doing it these days, I price it high enough to where the customer won't do it or if they do it's worth the hours of aggravation and pain I'm going to deal with because of it. Even with a racatac, it sucks. If I was a young man and going to do it on a regular basis, then I would use either grout perfect or color clad products.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Done a lot of it, but this year we are just pushing more full re grouting... you can charge more and its better for the customer in the long run.

Im younger but it was never too painful for me, knee cart makes a big difference and also getting the timing down of when to wipe excess.. I like to lay it in faster and maybe have a little more wiping than try to run it perfect in the grout lines.

Reactions: Mikey P

Chris Brown

Name
Chris Brown
It's a good add on service but not a cure all. Charge a lot. $4.00 a sq.ft. and up. If you charge too little you will hate it. If you have grout to practice on great. If not find a relative or friend that does. Like anything else it takes practice and experience to get good at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom