Grout perfect color seal question

Bucey

Name
FFA?
After color sealing is there still a need for cleaning with the spinner. Or is it simply mop and go?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
After we have cleaned and color sealed, can the owner/manger maintain flooring with out our assistance for how long and what is recommended cleaning for them after we are done?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
It's going to be hard to sell the job if I still have to clean twice a year?

Is this a product mainly for home owners?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Color seal is not an invisible force field. It still gets dirty.

Set up 6 month cleanings at 60-70% of original cleaning price, it will take half the time at most. Easiest money you will make.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
The smaller they are, the longer it takes, the more it costs.

They will still get dirty unless a sheet of plastic is covering them and no traffic over the tiles.

Of course they will still need cleaning.

Good grief. :roll:

Harry on Shortwun's computer. hey Marty, blow me

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I just finished a color sealing job yesterday, master bath floor and large kitchen, use 2 diff colors for the diff floors, clients were beyond thrilled w/ the results.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Ok so color sealing you still have to clean with the spinner every two years or so. So moping by the owner still causes soil build up in grout lines.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
tmdry said:
I just finished a color sealing job yesterday, master bath floor and large kitchen, use 2 diff colors for the diff floors, clients were beyond thrilled w/ the results.
What is your procedure for applying color seal, and then wiping up excess that gets on the tile edges?

Do you apply a few squares and then wipe up so the color seal doesn't dry on the tiles?

If it does dry, what is the best way to remove from tile edges?

Are you in the 2-3 dollar a square foot price range like Mike?

Do you use Rac-A-Tac, roller knee pads, micro-fiber towels?

Clnthred said:
Ok so color sealing you still have to clean with the spinner every two years or so. So moping by the owner still causes soil build up in grout lines.
Moping tends to spread things around rather than removing them, but you will be able to clean the floor much quicker than if you have to dry the floor and then seal and buff it.

They will be able to wet Swiffer it with better results than using a mop, and, they can call you less, but will still need you for build-up removal.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Bob Savage said:
tmdry said:
What is your procedure for applying color seal, and then wiping up excess that gets on the tile edges?

The procedure I use is the same as the one thought in the Grout Perfect instructional video, that is how I color seal floors. The CD is worth the $100 bucks in gold, especially for employees.

Have not had any issues with excess on the tile edges, the shammies do a fine job, and we always finish the job by buffing the floor w/ a floor machine using a combination of white or hogs hair pads followed by a cotton pad on the machine.

Do you apply a few squares and then wipe up so the color seal doesn't dry on the tiles?

That depends, on an open floor with not so much obstruction we will roll around the floor as far as we can get using the knee rollers, do an entire line that way than wipe as you come back, for tighter areas we'll do a 3x3 or 4x4 area at a time, just do whatever is more comfortable for ya on those tight spaces. If you have @ least 2 guys doing the sealing, you can have one guy doing the horizontals while the other does the verticals on knee rollers/racatacs, and or diff sections of the floor, they'll meet in the middle.

It won't dry if you wipe it within a minute or less, the key is to keep the shammies moist, not too dry not too wet, have a quart water bottle around if you're clean shammies dry too quickly.

If it does dry, what is the best way to remove from tile edges?

Elbow grease

Are you in the 2-3 dollar a square foot price range like Mike?

I try not to mention price on the boards, but yes, charge more for pita jobs n smaller jobs, and less for larger jobs, just varies a lot. It's all in how you sell and present the work.

Do you use Rac-A-Tac, roller knee pads, micro-fiber towels?

We have 2 GP knee rollers, some guys like the rac a tac, I haven't gotten around to purchasing one. Never used microfiber towels.

Clnthred said:
Moping tends to spread things around rather than removing them, but you will be able to clean the floor much quicker than if you have to dry the floor and then seal and buff it.

Nothing is maintenance free, all we are doing is cleaning and sealing the floor, the client still has to maintain it on it's own, you can show the client how to maintain the floors on their own, and like Bryan mentioned above charge a min or a certain price to come back every 12-18 months to just clean/touch up if needed. I've been to 2 homes in the last 2 months where we colorsealed over 1-2 years ago and it looked just like the day I was there the first time, you won't get that with carpet cleaning.

They will be able to wet Swiffer it with better results than using a mop, and, they can call you less, but will still need you for build-up removal.

I would not use the wet swiffer, but either a microfiber mop or a sponge mop w/ a neutral cleaner, than followed by a water rinse clean mop to absorb the cleaner and dirty, than they towel dry it, this should be part of the initial inspection.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
what Bill said is spot on. When it comes to recleans it's okay to use the Turbo around 800 PSI, low alk, but keep the turbo moving, don't let it sit, it lessens your chances of blowing out the CS. I just did one today where another company colored the grout 3 years ago. I matched the exact color and ordered with Groutsheilds...the former colorsealer did a great job and none of the CS came out during the clean...I'm stuck with Hyrdoment Linen for a bit now :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom