Grout wicks just like carpet..

Mikey P

Administrator
This new wave of low pressure cleaning professionals are seeing grout dry, brighter and looking cleaner when they don't unnecessarily over wet it.

Running a 1000 PSI in a spinning apparatus soaks grout down to the mastic, often times causing sporadic goofy looking wicking of sorts.

Like a lot of things in life, less is more.

I'm positive everybody's favorite meter maid is going to be reporting the same thing in the month or so

Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Im all about dwell time prespray, its wet anyway after 20 minutes dwelling. Hit ii hard instantly drying, maybe go over a couple wicking prone spots. Thats how I roll anyway.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
One of the advantages of being older than the dirt most of you extract is that I've cleaned things before the latest and greatest inventions existed.

Before we had spinner tools, the way that we cleaned tile and grout was this:

1. Applied a stone cleaning product or neutral floor cleaner, then scrubbed it with deck brushes, or a mechanical scrubber.

2. Rinse extracted with a hard surface tool, which was essentially a carpet wand with a brush head. PMF and Steamway had them.

This worked well with all but the greasiest of floors. It seems the Brush Glide might be taking us back to the future.

Mikey P

Administrator

is.

Like any tool it takes a few uses to learn how it works.

Keep in mind every floor reacts slightly different. Some extract better with triggering on the forward, some work better on the return, and many react great in both directions.

Less is more with PSI and when working with deep 1/4" grout, go perpendicular to prevent the brush from "falling in" to the moat and loosing contact with the floor

Last edited:

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
is.

Like any tool it takes a few uses to learn how it works.

Keep in mind every floor reacts slightly different. Some extract better with triggering on the forward, some work better on the return, and many react great in both directions.

Less is more with PSI and when working wigth deep 1/4" grout, go perpendicular to prvent the brush from "falling in" to the moat and loosing contact with the floor
Also what PSI are you using, are you 4 jets vs. 2? Mike, maybe you could also figure out how to change these glides on the "fly" Maybe as an idea put a magnet on the glide to stick to the wand for easy change from carpet to hard surface glides...My problem is I forgot where I put the original evolution glide for carpet as I have some carpet to clean (rare for me)

Mikey P

Administrator
Also what PSI are you using, are you 4 jets vs. 2? Mike, maybe you could also figure out how to change these glides on the "fly" Maybe as an idea put a magnet on the glide to stick to the wand for easy change from carpet to hard surface glides...My problem is I forgot where I put the original evolution glide for carpet as I have some carpet to clean (rare for me)
400-600 psi.

the EVO Glides do change on the fly. Tounge and groove.

The OEM black glide for the Evos are HORRIBLE.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom