Guess HP is not the same with different brands.

K

Kabluey

I made a new friend and she is a hair stylist, certified, blah blah blah. She was telling me the Sallys HP isnt very good. She has been using HP alot for years and found the Paul Mitchell brand is the best HP on the market. This weekend we are going to pick some up so I can check it out. She does have a license to get the stuff.

Is she correct?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Interesting. Best for hair may or may not be best for cleaning. Let us know what you find.

Name
Jesse
With a liquid peroxide there are many factors that can affect the strength of the product so she may have something. Maybe her Sally's aint as fresh as the Paul Mitchel she gets. We use a lot of 27% peroxide and notice a big difference from case to case, even from the same manufacturer and retail location. It could be shipping, warehousing, or production

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Powdered will never yield anything like 27% for starters.

Hair care H2O2 probably isn't stabilized and therefore is more likely to degrade over a given period of time. So shelf- life will probably be more of an issue with it.

Light, temperature and pH all have an influence on H2O2 stabilization.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Duane, the peroxide I buy at Sally's says it contains phosphoric acid. Is that a stabilizer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom