Had the Chemspec "Class" Today

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Didn't really learn a whole lot. Typical IICRC stuff really.
The guy explained how and why to use Chemspec and brought out some "new" products...which was the reason for the "class" I am sure.

Anyway,
He did spark an Idea for me :idea:
The new stuff IS the Super Green Labeled prespray and rinse that you are able to drink.
No I didn't try any.
I figured for the environmental wacko's of the area a Green Labeled product that they can drink would be right up their alley.

Long story short, I am adding Green Cleaning as an upsale...I'm sure I'm not the first but I haven't heard of anyone doing this yet.

My guess would be most green people won't be as dirty because this stuff is not the strong cleaner.

I think I can get 10 cents more for the upgrade.
Any thoughts?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian Robison said:
My guess would be most green people won't be as dirty

Any thoughts?

let me know if their 3 kids, 2 dogs, 4 hamsters and bUrd in a guilded cage are just as clean...

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
Brian Robison said:
My guess would be most green people won't be as dirty

Any thoughts?

let me know if their 3 kids, 2 dogs, 4 hamsters and bUrd in a guilded cage are just as clean...

..L.T.A.

Didn't think about that. eeewwwwweeee :(

Name
I'm Rick James
Yeah I heard about this stuff. It's suppose to turn you piss green and your farts smell like roses if you drink it....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Chemspec seems to be the only manfg. that has that warning label on a lot of their labels. I'm sure others do but not right in the front of the container. Is it that their just more concious (damn, need the spelling).

Does their green stuff have any warning labels?

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Albert Lazo said:
Chemspec

Albert

Think chems have to have a health haz label, no?
There are very few chems out there that we use with a "zero" health haz ratting

does their green juice have a zero HH ratting?
Or is a 1 ?

..l..T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
meAt said:
Albert Lazo said:
Chemspec

Albert

Think chems have to have a health haz label, no?
There are very few chems out there that we use with a "zero" health haz ratting

does their green juice have a zero HH ratting?
Or is a 1 ?

..l..T.A.

The choice to label a cleaning product "0" or "1" is up to the manufacturer. I suspect that some products labeled 1 are safer than some with a 0. Depends on the conscience of the manyfacturer / formulator.

Tom Forsythe makes that call here. he once told me that since someone could drown in water, he would not even give a 0 rating to bottled water.

Scott Warrington

timnelson

Agree with Scott. I have seen some of the "green" Chemspec products with all zeros on the hazard label. This is what happens when marketing wins the battle against technical. :|

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Albert Lazo said:
Chemspec seems to be the only manfg. that has that warning label on a lot of their labels. I'm sure others do but not right in the front of the container. Is it that their just more concious (damn, need the spelling).

Albert

That was brought up. They say it's because they are a huge corp. with deep pockets that they fully disclose in a prominent position.

I will try the stuff and if it sucks I will try another green product. Some on this board have suggested a few.
I just liked the upsale angle.

Am I gonna drink it? Hell no! But I'll be telling my crazy ass customers that they can...will I let them?? Hell f'n no!! I would like to keep my company a bit longer. I don't need a lawsuit.

STEVEC

I cleaned an old freezer that had been sitting in my garage with ECO-GENT, cleaned up real nice like. Then I took the top off the spray bottle and drank some, I did this cause my Chemspec rep told me it wouldn't harm you and I did read up on it before hand. Nothing happend, felt fine afterwards. Chemspec has a good line of Green Cleaning chemicals, but as with most if not all of the Green cleaners out there, they are for cleaning lite to medium soil carpet, not the nasty shit holes.

Steve

PS. On the DFC 105 label it reads "Contains no hazardous ingredients. DFC 105 cantains only ingredients that are listed as generally considered safe for consumption by the Food & Drug Administration."

Greg Loe

Trashed green label is the best I've found so far. I would like the try that ecogent. Anyone try it?

GRHeacock

I used Bi-O-Kleen products for years. They are about as green as you can get.

Plenty powerful for dirty as well as light to average soils.

Worked for me.

Gary

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i got some green balance from pembertons, and i really like it. it cleans up carpet real nice. I think that it works better than some chems i got and i just use it because its safer for me, for the customer and the enviroment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom