Had to pull the old girl out of mothballs.

Even though I dont take my Dad out in his boat as often as I like, I still remember my preteen yrs out fishing with my Dad...

actually 1 my earliest childhood memories is playing with crabs in the bottom of the dinghy as my Dad and Uncle were diving.
The water in the dinghy got deeper and deeper till I was bobbing in the sea in my lifejacket as the dinghy sank beneath me..

Parenting skills Dad! :arrrr:

I can still remember the total meltdown and ass tearing my Mum gave him when she found out I was about 3 maybe 4 lol

Nomad74

Supportive Member
Credits
Even though I dont take my Dad out in his boat as often as I like, I still remember my preteen yrs out fishing with my Dad...

actually 1 my earliest childhood memories is playing with crabs in the bottom of the dinghy as my Dad and Uncle were diving.
The water in the dinghy got deeper and deeper till I was bobbing in the sea in my lifejacket as the dinghy sank beneath me..

Parenting skills Dad! :arrrr:

I can still remember the total meltdown and ass tearing my Mum gave him when she found out I was about 3 maybe 4 lol
Thats funny. It brought back a memory for me I haven't thought about in years. When I was a kid I lived in Santa Cruz. My dad had an old Chris Craft boat in a slip at the marina. We took it out on a little ocean cruise and about 40 minutes into our trip the prop shaft fell out of the boat and went to the bottom of the ocean. Water started gushing through the hole. I'll never forget that. We had to radio for help and get towed in. It was quite the adventure for a little kid. My dad had it fixed then sold the boat. I remember we went down to the marina and saw the new owners frantically bailing water out of it while it was tied to the dock.

Its funny the things you can remember, I wasn't upset about the boat sinking (ignorance is bliss) I was upset because Mum knew we were going out and had told me you better not get your clothes wet.

It cant have been very deep I can remember looking at the dinghy on the bottom thinking I'm in trouble haha!

I have pulled Motors out by making a reinforced metal wrapped extra joists in the ceiling of one of my shops.

Pulled couple boat Motors with that

Also used the old oak tree that was in my yard....and it died off (was oldie)

Now... I tend to buy something new with a warranty... No time to work on things....

But I have a van with a warranty that doesn't do me much good locally :madder::angry:

granpa and uncle were amazing mechanics build anything they had an old tree in the front yard when we lived in homestead fla. i remember old chains and come alongs they used to pull engines. also remember as a 4yr old picking up an old bumper jack and the foot pieces falling on my toes lol.

seeing the progress here's makes me want to build another ride. my kids seen my last one few yrs ago but were too young too help. now theyd loke it. especially my son

I have pulled Motors out by making a reinforced metal wrapped extra joists in the ceiling of one of my shops.

Pulled couple boat Motors with that

Also used the old oak tree that was in my yard....and it died off (was oldie)

Now... I tend to buy something new with a warranty... No time to work on things....

But I have a van with a warranty that doesn't do me much good locally :madder::angry: