Hail Greenie

Lonny

Supportive Member
So I discovered that it pays to read instructions-yet again. I used more that a dab of sealant on the ends of my glides and sealed them completely, until yesterday. I allowed the wand to breath- low and behold after checking on my dry time-same carpet/psi/prespray- dry times were further reduced. down to 3 hrs dry to the touch at 350 psi.This means that the dry times are reduced with no glide and only 25' of hose to 50' and 2" with glide. The juice also worked very well on the dealership I cleaned. Thanks dear sir, your check is on the way.
****This advertisement was not paid for nor approved by your local green glide vendor...****

Fairviewservice.jpg

Fairviewsales.jpg

TimP

Looks like carpet squares in the bottom picture.....those dry faster due to a plastic no pourus backing.

I think you need to do side by side tests to get a better picture on the dry times.....just my take on it. Oh and I didn't know you were supposed to put sealant on the sides.....maybe greenie can clue us in????

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
neither did I.... I left my greeniehorn just like it came out of the box... only not quite as clean anymore :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Your not supposed to put sealant.

The little openings are where you get your airflow...hense the drytimes.

TimP

Brian Robison said:
Your not supposed to put sealant.

The little openings are where you get your airflow...hense the drytimes.

That's what I thought

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I just sealed all the little holes in my glide... I should be getting sweet dry times tomorrow.

Greenie

Depends on the wand, and age of the wand, we usually only recommend a dab of end sealer to older wands with wear, or occasionally to portable users who have limited vacuum and are trying to squeeze every drop of airflow through those holes.

The wand in the picture looks like it probably seals well to the glide, so the sealer probably wasn't needed.

Glad everything is working well, changing from 25' of hose to 50' of hose and getting Better dry times speaks volumes about what can be done with a porty and a few tweaks.

Lonny

Supportive Member
I need to clarify- those pics were with the judsons, the carpet I cleaned and tested dry times on was my own carpet here at home- medium pile stuff- longer dry times.

John Watson

Hello Greenie, you knows I'se slow on the up take. Did I just read that Lonny, using a portable with a centrifical air intake system (Lamb Vac) using the 2 in 25ft hose and a glidless wand one time and using 50ft of 2 inch hose and the wand now glided reduced his dry times??

Would it not be more better to leave the hose at 25 feet and just use the glided wand???

Or is something happining in this 50foot long suction chamber compared to the 25 footer that I am not computalating????

Lonny

Supportive Member
Actually it was a 1 1/2" hose at 25', for further clarification. I just wanted a longer hose run as my "portable" weighs a considerable amount and I hate stairs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom