Hair dye color in carpet....

Bucey

Name
FFA?
is the only way to remove by color remediation? The color pink. and I'm sure its not ink. I tried every thing that has worked for me on ink and not even a little bleed on the towel. Any ideals the size is about golf ball.

Lora Olson

This is straight from the CTI stain Guide

Hair Dye

Generally you will find this type of stain to be removable from stain resistant nylons and olefins. You will find it to be more difficult, if not impossible, to remove from wool.

Step 1. Apply Power Gel to stain.
Step 2. Agitate gently but thoroughly to emulsify the spot as much as possible.
Step 3. Thorooughly rinse clean via hot water extraction. Leave as dry as possible by making multiple (vac only) drying strikes.
Step 4. If discoloration remains, apply Red Relief and proceed according to the procedure listed under "Kool Aid" in this book (page # 25)

Kool Aid Procedures

Step 1. Clean stained area using hot water extraction.
Step 2. Blot area dry with clean white towel to remove excess moisture from carpet.
Step 3. Mix Red Relief Part "A" and Part "B" in equal parts.
Step 4. Using trigger sprayer, wet stained fibers with red relief mixture.
Step 5. Cover spot with a moderately wet (excessed squeezed out) terry towel. Note: A lightweight-cleaning towel, folded double works well here.
Step 6. Apply steam heat from an iron set at the lowest steam temperature.
Step 7. Check the stain every 30 seconds.
Step 8. When the stain has turned to a light yellow or has disppeared, remove heat and towel.
Step 9. Extraction rinse chemical residue away.

Tips: Incomplete stain removal is the result of insufficient heating time (high temp is not necessary but dwell time is important). Avoid a conventional iron, use an iron with steam settings.

The CTI (expanded) stain guide that comes with their stain kit is pretty easy to use and has step-by-step instructions for a lot of stains (over 62 pages). They are available for sale seperate from the stain kit.

Hope this helps. You can always call us for ideas too!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And if it still doesn't work.

then flush the area and dry it as best as possible. Apply Fresh strain Magic liberally and tape down a piece of plastic over the spot and let it sit for 8 hours or so. Return and check on spot! If it wasn't gone, it should be on its way out.

Lora Olson

As per the CTI Stain Guide, DO NOT apply an oxidzing agent such as hydrogen peroxide or a high pH enzyme to hair dye stains. It will only intensify them.

From personal experience having my hair dyed, they use hydrogen peroxide to intensivy the color in your hair, so I think this warning from CTI only makes sense.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
well if red relief fails,, you are left with four options,

1. live with it
2. try an oxidizer.
3. bleach and recolor spot.
3. section and repair spot.

if homeowner says section and repair, you might as well try the oxidizer.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If you ever wondered why Sally's Beauty Supply calls their Hydrogen Peroxide; "DEVELOPER", then you will see why, if you apply it to a hair dye stain.

Listen to Lora.

Use a reducer, if anything.

Brad_Smith

It sounds like he may not be 100% if it is dye. It could be heat set candle, juice or koolaid set by someone trying to fix it. I know that light pink stains are usually set and very difficult to remove even with peroxide and heat. IF it is hair dye for sure then solvent of choice then most likely dye remover= red relief, vanish, cobbs. if possible not hair dye then peroxide and heat....why waste time with the plastic wrap method.

with me if dye remover and peroxide don't take it out it is set. On residential i have a guy that does great patches i refer to and I don't do dyeing. I have tried crayons and can't get it to heat set. maybe its the crayons. I need to figure it out cause it would be handy as its pretty easy to match the colors.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Shawn Forsythe said:
If you ever wondered why Sally's Beauty Supply calls their Hydrogen Peroxide; "DEVELOPER", then you will see why, if you apply it to a hair dye stain.

Listen to Lora.

Use a reducer, if anything.

You folks missed the whole point of my post.

Ok... if A REDUCER does not work..... what should he do?

Now I'm not saying go straight to your oxidizer.. I said use the reducer and hopefully it will take care of it. Try it till it won't work no more.

Now the only other thing I would consider would be to use Magic from Masterblend or to try Stain Magic for a prolonged period of time.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Since hair dye eventually washes out just tell customer to clean the spot every day until it's gone :D

Albert

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Not 100% I have tried BP All Solv and Avenge. was unable to use acid dye remover products bc the rental has no pwr. other wise I would have tried that. I originaly thought it was maybe hot pink high lighter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom