Handling your hose....

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
your solution and vac hose that is.

On another thread, which I can't find now, someone mentioned being taught "hose management" early in their career. I've been in the biz for a long time and I truthfully still have not figured out a standard procedure for placement in the home of the hoses so I don't end up with a gigantic rats nest.

If anyone has any hints or advice about how they place and move the solution/vac hoses as they clean I'd really appreciate anything ya got.

Reactions: ruff

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sorry about this....I got hurt this last week and did not have the time to do this....I am starting a guy on Monday and will be taking some time off here pretty soon and will put something together for you.............

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
its not to hard..its the first thing we teach our new guys, they do nothing but pull hose once they have that handled we start them wanding a bit under supervision..

just pull it in sections and keep both hoses the same length..

so when your done with a room and pulling out just pull out whats not needed and lead it to the next section of the house you are cleaning or if your about dont then lead it out of the house..

the key is not to pile it up, always lead it out and lay it beside each other in a line or make zig zags if you need the space..it will make packing up super easy..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
its all in placement and which way to pull it.....you can clean a entire house with out getting everything all twisted up and tangled together........

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The order which you clean rooms and move around in a home can make a HUGE difference. The solo operator learns this quickly...hopefully. A lot of times there will be a long hallway with several bedrooms in it. Try cleaning the furthest bedroom first and then consider walking back down the hall to one of the first bedrooms. You will be managing hose with very little effort, keeping it in longer and straighter sections. These situations show up a lot in a home (or commercial building) and you will learn to think ahead and make smarter movements. I even think there are efficient ways to clean a particular room that keep me, as a solo, from putting the wand down and dragging hose. These are some of the more important lessons to teach a new tech before he throws a wand through a window in sheer frustration over his tangled hoses.

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Sorry about this....I got hurt this last week and did not have the time to do this....I am starting a guy on Monday and will be taking some time off here pretty soon and will put something together for you.............

Take it easy now Old Timer! Us Younger fellas need the guys like you....

Get better soon!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Keeping them separated as they come out of the house has helped me the most.

Flash Kuffs also helped w bein able to add or remove vac line as I come and go. Its awesome to throw a chunk back on the reel when your done w the section. Much cleaner looking too.

I plead guilty to also kicking rat balls out the front door. Sometimes the mojo jus dont jive : )

Buck1955

Name
John
I count my steps from the farthest point to the front door. Walk off a 50' section of vac hose and those steps will tell you how much hose you will need. Grab the vac hose with one hand on the end that will go on the wand, and loop enough hose over that hand so as to not touch the ground. One section of hose is 5 loops for me. When you get to the point of the job closest to the van start laying out that section of hose, one loop at a time. Do the same for the solution line. Hope this makes sense. Jim's right, it's easier to see than explain.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I walk in with a hand held reel with 100' of hose to the far point of the job and roll back to the truck. That hose is clearly marked at the 50' point to indicate where to start the lead section of vacuum hose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I walk in with a hand held reel with 100' of hose to the far point of the job and roll back to the truck. That hose is clearly marked at the 50' point to indicate where to start the lead section of vacuum hose.

Same here.
Vac hose 50' at a time unrolled out to van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom