hangin with the dudes..

Mikey P

Administrator
I spent yesterday hanging out with local cowboys Butch Lockheart, OneEye'd Larry and his half breed sidekick Sleeps With Dogs.

Some fun facts were brought to light under the eyes of a the cloud covered Texas plains..

59 Vortexes are way too loud..
Dry use of a CRB with Renovators can't be beat for dog hair removal from pile carpet..
Butch knows his shit, both cleaning and business sense wise. PAY ATTENTION TO HIM.
The Strong crb is a flimsy imitation of the Rotowash
A 4 vacuum $5000 "electric truckmount" is still just a portable and hose lengths should be kept under 50 feet when used with rotary extractor.
Cobbs HX put out more heat than one wands could ever need
Don't ever buy a first rendition Rotary Extractor.Regardless of brand
Texas is much nicer in May than December.
Vietnam, CMP, Mytee, Westpak..none are as Excellent as a PC TI wand.
You cant buy even cheap Bourbon in this godforsaken hell hole.
The mythical 56 Cobber was nowhere to be seen which was one third the reason I ventured out here..

Videos to come next week

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

mahlonzehr

Interesting you say that about the Strong Dry. I was talking to my distributor yesterday and he said they sent back their display model because it was built too cheapo.

First I had heard that.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
You West-Coast chicken loving cleaners are all alike . . .

We demonstrate the 14" Bentley (with 4 #2 jets),

outcleaning the Ti wand (with 6 #2 jets) (with Mikey making one cleaning pass with both wands),

and the Big Guy still can't get over the shock :icon_rolleyes:.

The Ti was a little easier to operate since Lockhart had polished the Teflon wand from many hours of operation.

I think our Dynachem 534 TM made so much steam,

that he couldn't see the results very clearly.

Mikey had a little trouble coping with the 17" of lift that the DC534 was delivering,

but he made a valiant effort.

We did discover that both the Hoss and TRex will work better with a #4 blower TM.

The Californican did get to chow down on a good margarita,

and ate most of the table-prepared guacamole that Ray & I ordered.

Ray even lifted a whole avocado from the preparation cart later,

and Mikey wolfed it down immediately.

His normal diet leaves him craving any tasty food, obviously.

All in all, it was still good to spend an afternoon with him and Lockhart

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Lmao..

Will say this about the Bentley. .

Its the most bad ass carbon fiber base board washing device this industry has ever seen.

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I must of missed the wand test results and discussion part.

I think Marie thought the pcti was the overall best wand but you would need to ask her.

Mikey P

Administrator
Tff..
If that was an example of how Larry does his extensive testing I'm switching to Shaklee products and a Oxleymount for my next big rig...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marie, (my wife) cleaned more carpet than all of us.

She liked the smothness of the "well-worn" GreenGlide on the Ti.

The Bentley had a brand new Valu-Glide hybrid from GreenGlides,
View attachment 2224

with a couple of sharp edges that were not broken in yet.

View attachment 2219

One hot water only pass on Dirty Carpet.

ProChem Ti had Six #02 Jets

vs Four #02 Jets on the Bentley. (500 PSI @ TM)

Larry

P.S. Shaklee would be good for a Left Coast guy.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Larry,

I understand the "more water recovered the cleaner"

but don't you think that pic is more a result of the TI putting down 50% more water in a smaller area? We already know a truckmount is not capable of recovering all the water put down or carpet would be dry when we leave. Where is the pic after a dry stroke?

You could say that the Bentley recovered more water based on the pic but that isn't necessarily true. How much water is required to result in the visual difference? The TI could potentially recover water at a higher rate and you could still end up with a pic like that just due to the additional volume put down.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

I wanted a direct comparison with a single cleaning stroke on a dirty section of carpet.

Ideally, the wands would have the same jetting total,

I also observed the same difference in brightness the next morning, after drying.

I don't think it was 50% more water, pressure thru a 1/4" HP line limits flow with larger jet sizes.

Probably about 25% more water, with check valve restriction & lower pressure.

I'll check the pressure difference Monday to see how much more water was actually flowing.

Mikey wanted to do a drying pass, but no doubt that would have improved both sides.

Larry

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred;

I wanted a direct comparison with a single cleaning stroke on a dirty section of carpet.

Ideally, the wands would have the same jetting total,

I also observed the same difference in brightness the next morning, after drying.

Yes they should be jetted the same. Otherwise there is a possibility that all you are demonstrating is that you may have surpassed the upper limit of recovery with the increased volume.

I don't think you'll find higher flow folks arguing that putting more water down doesn't increase the need for dry strokes to remove the increase volume of water.............or that the lack of doing so would leave additional water AND dirt which combined with the increased possibility of wicking could explain the difference in brightness the next day.

Yes a dry stroke would have improved both..............most likely to the point that there was no visible difference.......

I don't think it was 50% more water, pressure thru a 1/4" HP line limits flow with larger jet sizes.

Probably about 25% more water, with check valve restriction & lower pressure.

You are correct. @ 500psi w/100ft .25inch hose the 8flow Bentley would put down ~2.3gpm and the 12flow TI ~2.8gpm..after losses

so ~25% more.

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
More flow can make the pressure drop down more when you first hit the trigger. I think the Bentley probably had the jets a bit closer to the carpet. Different strokes for different folks. It's not just cleaning. A good wand should be a combination of cleaning and comfort/fit for the operator.

Mikey P

Administrator
I spent the day at the Ross Perot natural history museum today.

Aside from Bass Pro its the only thing worth leaning the house for.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Bentley head has a slight bit more suck than the TI.

Too bad the horrible manifold makes it unusable for anyone with 20/20 vision and a conscious

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
More flow can make the pressure drop down more when you first hit the trigger. I think the Bentley probably had the jets a bit closer to the carpet. Different strokes for different folks. It's not just cleaning. A good wand should be a combination of cleaning and comfort/fit for the operator.

The Ti wand six jets w/1" jet extenders were definitely closer to the carpet.

Larry

Reactions: Weebco

Mikey P

Administrator
Pops P and I took a leisurely drive through the back back hillbilly hills of Mansfield, Kennendale and south Ft Worth..

Fantastic scenery. Once the heat hits though and turns it all brown...ugh.

Why is it you Texans got to spin 24s and have 13 types of stone and bricks on the side of your goofey swingingdick estates?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

You were cleaning in an air-conditioned showroom (about 73°).

Humidity was about normal in that space.
Mikey;

Some of the ETM cleaned areas actually dried pretty clean.

I will admit it wasn't uniform, though.

Larry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom