Hardcore Mother Truckers

Mikey P

Administrator
Let me introduce you to the dream technician.

-White male, stocky build, a young Tommy Lee Jones look to him, mid forties and with a trustworthiness and a slight intimidation factor oozing from his pock marks.

-Married, 2 to 3 kids, owns his home. Pretty good chance he gets some on the side.

-Drives a muscle car on Sunday and to work once in a while to make his point.

-Never found that entrepreneurial spirit and has never dreamed of owning his own business. Thank god.

-Will sell any thing to any one in order to make his quota. Morals play no part in his need to earn that paycheck, if there is a sales contest he will show no mercy to the sweetest of old ladies. Protector WILL BE SOLD.

-Never complains about working 2 to 3 nights a week on commercial after a long day of hacking out at least 5 residential jobs. It was accepted and assimilated long ago that nights are what it takes to make the needed amount so either the wife does not have to work, the kids go to college or the girl friend wont rat him out. Or all three.

-Call backs are rare and usually handled with out the company even knowing about it. Once in a while a complaint comes in for being pushy or a returned spot but the lady does not want to have him back in her home. Management looks the other way every time.

-The guy can sling a wand like a sickle and thinks dry cleaning (and glides) are for pussies. There ain't a sofa out there that can't be cleaned in under 40 minutes. Most take 25. If he can't get a spot out the homeowner wont doubt his ability what so ever.

-All the other techs are envious of his paycheck, intimidated buy his silence and are dying to talk to his permanent helper yet know better than to approach him. His unwillingness to share at company rah rah! meetings keeps him from being invited to after work trips to the local sports bar where the middle of the road long term techs sit around and tell BS stories of MILFS and DILFS.

-He laughs at those goofs that cant figure out how to bring home half of what he does each and every.

-There may be some pity shown to a young kid in his first week on his own, but that is only so he can try and talk him into doing his redos and not rat him out for using a wand on the sofa or charging $90 to clean a plastic plant.

Hagopian has close to ten of Him, Cole may have 2, Each and every Stanley and Coit has maybe two. Some will last to a nice retirement. Ken will make sure the gold watch is not a knock off.

The may be one or two here who were reluctantly fired and had to go out on his own. Sadly,the reality of coming home each night to the endless paper work, taxes, repair bills, paying for chems and all the rest, has taken the fight out of him. The wife left him, the kids are grown and gone and the girl friend is much uglier than they use to be.
Getting home before dark is now his most important goal as he joined the rec league to make up for years of lost camaraderie.

God loves a carpet cleaner....

Doesn't he Ken?

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I agree with everything with the exception of he should have MORALS when selling. If not it will bite you in the ass and selling with REAL concern and empathy for the client will end up with higher totals and REPEAT clients.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
-The guy can sling a wand like a sickle and thinks dry cleaning (and glides) are for pussies. There ain't a sofa out there that can't be cleaned in under 40 minutes. Most take 25.
I thought Ken made it perfectly clear that he will not employ slackers!
25 min is for an 18 feet sectional or the guy is history :winky:

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey, for $39.99 you can bet Mrs Milfy is gonna want to watch him work the magic so he has to slow down.

Besides, Chet or Bradley is already wrapping up the hoses and calling number four to let her know they'll be an hour early..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks for clarifying. I am relieved.

For a moment there I thought Ken may be getting soft.

P.S. How many genuine moments of truthi-ness are included in that 25 mins?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lol- Nice story but doesn't sound like anybody we'd even hire, let alone keep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've met "this guy" more than a few times over the years. Very few of him make it on their own.

What they tend to do is move from one large carpet cleaning company to another. Their lifetime with each company is dictated by the attentiveness of the owner/manager and their degree of willingness to balance "money now" versus "long term reputation" issues.

Once in a while they land with an owner operator who is making the leap to having a second truck.

They rarely last 30 days there.

Reactions: Ken Snow

Mikey P

Administrator
Lol- Nice story but doesn't sound like anybody we'd even hire, let alone keep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sure Ken.

Just keep padding his routes.

And make sure Hanna keeps an eye out for that call from Mrs Clarkson, you don't want anybody but him dealing with that complaint.

You really need to change the company policy about entering homes when only teenagers are home...:eekk:

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I've met "this guy" more than a few times over the years. Very few of him make it on their own.

What they tend to do is move from one large carpet cleaning company to another. Their lifetime with each company is dictated by the attentiveness of the owner/manager and their degree of willingness to balance "money now" versus "long term reputation" issues.

Once in a while they land with an owner operator who is making the leap to having a second truck.

They rarely last 30 days there.

I had one of those for my third truck lasted nine months.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
These personality types are either fixed or no longer contract from us. Truth be told: 6 years ago I probably had about 20. Then I put systems in place to eliminate those types from my organization. Now we might have 1 hiding.

Let me introduce you to the dream technician.

-White male, stocky build, a young Tommy Lee Jones look to him, mid forties and with a trustworthiness and a slight intimidation factor oozing from his pock marks.

-Married, 2 to 3 kids, owns his home. Pretty good chance he gets some on the side.

-Drives a muscle car on Sunday and to work once in a while to make his point.

-Never found that entrepreneurial spirit and has never dreamed of owning his own business. Thank god.

-Will sell any thing to any one in order to make his quota. Morals play no part in his need to earn that paycheck, if there is a sales contest he will show no mercy to the sweetest of old ladies. Protector WILL BE SOLD.

-Never complains about working 2 to 3 nights a week on commercial after a long day of hacking out at least 5 residential jobs. It was accepted and assimilated long ago that nights are what it takes to make the needed amount so either the wife does not have to work, the kids go to college or the girl friend wont rat him out. Or all three.

-Call backs are rare and usually handled with out the company even knowing about it. Once in a while a complaint comes in for being pushy or a returned spot but the lady does not want to have him back in her home. Management looks the other way every time.

-The guy can sling a wand like a sickle and thinks dry cleaning (and glides) are for pussies. There ain't a sofa out there that can't be cleaned in under 40 minutes. Most take 25. If he can't get a spot out the homeowner wont doubt his ability what so ever.

-All the other techs are envious of his paycheck, intimidated buy his silence and are dying to talk to his permanent helper yet know better than to approach him. His unwillingness to share at company rah rah! meetings keeps him from being invited to after work trips to the local sports bar where the middle of the road long term techs sit around and tell BS stories of MILFS and DILFS.

-He laughs at those goofs that cant figure out how to bring home half of what he does each and every.

-There may be some pity shown to a young kid in his first week on his own, but that is only so he can try and talk him into doing his redos and not rat him out for using a wand on the sofa or charging $90 to clean a plastic plant.

Hagopian has close to ten of Him, Cole may have 2, Each and every Stanley and Coit has maybe two. Some will last to a nice retirement. Ken will make sure the gold watch is not a knock off.

The may be one or two here who were reluctantly fired and had to go out on his own. Sadly,the reality of coming home each night to the endless paper work, taxes, repair bills, paying for chems and all the rest, has taken the fight out of him. The wife left him, the kids are grown and gone and the girl friend is much uglier than they use to be.
Getting home before dark is now his most important goal as he joined the rec league to make up for years of lost camaraderie.

God loves a carpet cleaner....

Doesn't he Ken?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We share a building with coit and when i started the whole company would fit this description. Fortunately a new franchise owner took over and cleaned house, now all their techs are good guys.

Back
Top Bottom