has anyone used a truckmount powered dry vac?

A

amazingcleansc

Interlink sells Turbocat Zooms, I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with using your truckmount vac and a dust downer for dry vacuuming.

Name
Nate W.
amazingcleansc said:
Interlink sells Turbocat Zooms, I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with using your truckmount vac and a dust downer for dry vacuuming.

You will burn fuel, add alot of hours to your machine, just to do what a good vacuum will take care of. Unless, you want it to vent outside the home. Then by all means, go for it. You will need a vac relief because the TM will spin it too fast and break belts.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think they have a marketing advantage. Your client does not have that in her closet, likely has never seen one before. She knows you are doing something special with the vacuum.

Does an OK job. Definitely get a vac releif if you decide to use one.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have a couple that came with some repo units I bought. I will sell them CHEAP if you want to play around with them. $50 plus shipping and you can have them. You will need a dust downer.

With that said I don't like the Idea of using a $20k machine to do the work of a $500 Vacuum (I prefer the PV12 from prochem)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have used them a bit, the thing that sucks is if you vacuum anything metal like a penny, its going to almost be like a hand grenade in the thing. it can bust a hole in the side of the impeller housing, or take blades off the impeller. they MIGHT work alright if you run your machine a little above idle are very very careful and don't use a vacuum on every job. they do vacuum REALLY good if you have your machine on high and are managing to not hit anything metal. I think it would be really cool if someone made an all metal version, that could handle sucking up metal here and there without affecting it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think they have a marketing advantage. Your client does not have that in her closet, likely has never seen one before. She knows you are doing something special with the vacuum.

Does an OK job. Definitely get a vac releif if you decide to use one.
It will whistle like a jet engine if you don't.

I like them, the fire crews use them all the time.

We usually have a HEPA tank vac on site anyway, with the little turbo you get great agitation and they are light weight and easy to store on the truck.

Too bad they don't make the out of metal.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Richard,

They will do more than whistle. :twisted: We had a customer buy one of the TurboCat Zooms through our ILS web store. So we didn't have a chance to go over the mandatory details of ownership and use with him.

Well, the guy had a Vortex 7000H, which he hooked up without any kind of relief. The customer brought back the TurboCat the next day to describe his short experience. He said it sounded like nothing he could describe....for just a couple of minutes... Then the center bearing started to emerge through the top of the housing with a billow of smoke and the distinct smell of burning plastic.

Needless to say, the TurboCat was toast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom