Has your prespray set off carbon monoxide alarms in homes?

hanks75

Could solvents used to boost prespray set a customers alrm off. I've had it happen three times, but i had no answers for them. Of course i told them its was no big deal.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
never had it happen with any of ours.

One home we clean has a plug in CO detector
(plugs into a regular wall outlet)
They keep plugged in , in the hallway.
You'd think if pre-spray would make it beep, it's location near the floor in a small area like a hall would would set it off

do you run a TM?
are you sure it's not your TM or van?
It doesn't take much to set them off

..L.T.A.

Ryan

I've had it happen twice when I pull into a packed garage. Its the exaust from my tm in my case.

hanks75

You know what, i think u may be right. I never thought about the truckmount exhaust. silly me. thanks

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
:shock: 15-20 ft from the exhuast to the entrance is a bare minimum man... You could have killed thier parakeets! Not to mention killed them, thier kids and/or yourself...

hanks75

pump your brakes man. i'm alway a good 50 plus feet away from the entrance. I just thought that may have been a slight possibility, i dont know for certain.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
which way do you point the TM? Away from or towards the door? Jeremy was just being concerned and he is deadly right. Nearly every year you read about some poor bastard who killed himself and sometimes his helper. They find them with the truck running laid out on the floor dead as a box of rocks. I would feel sorry for them but the whole Darwin thing.... :roll:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
sometimes it really doesn't matter how far or what direction. The front door being open just seems to suck in air from the outside at times

put an air mover a few feet back from the door, pointed slightly up and blowing to the outside to keep outside air from coming into the house

Willy P

Name
Willy P
workerscomp.jpg

leesenter

Carbon monoxide detectors are manditory by law in every home with a combustion furnace in Toronto.
We have sent them off twice carpet cleaning.Once it was set off after we left.
You can never be too careful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom