Have you seen a rug like this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have you seen a rug like this? It’s a Hereke made in Turkey.
I’ve seen some with patterns and symbols but not one with the name woven into it like this one.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sweeney we are not big rug cleaners but we do a fair amount of rugs and I'd not seen one like this. I'd seen some Chinese rugs that had symbols that meant something in Chinese, but this was a first for me.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This one puzzled me too.

If this thing is hand made in Turkey, how does it get the English letters for its style/location woven into it?

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Chavez,

Translated that simple means machine washable. This particular rug can safely be washed in a front loader washing machine.

If it's size makes it not practible to wash in a washing machine then it is by all means safe to take to a car wash.

Trust me on this one!

Ivan

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Not all of these have Hereke woven into the ends the two i have don't. I can't tell the quality of this rug from the pic some are not that bad in terms of weave i did a knot count on one here and it's 256 KPI which is a decent knot count that said knot count isn't everything. Ken is probably right with the purchaser over paying at least they got a real Turkish rug I've had several people buy Afghan rugs in Turkey sold to them as being made in Turkey.

here's the two in the shop right now

P1010197.jpg

since we are talking about Hereke.....

This is a fake Hereke "silk" sold to tourists, it's really Chinese & rayon

P1010198.jpg

this is a real Hereke typically the weft thread is used to make the side wrapping and not often a dyed color I have see one with blue and never over-casted with dyed yarn, the fringe is not knotted and one end of the rug often is looped fringe, Real Herekes are thicker and denser rugs than Sino fakes the silk used in Hereke rugs is from Bersa and it's denser and coarser than the crappy stuff silk used in chines rugs but often the Fake Herekes are rayon or mercerized cotton

RAN_3128.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks guys, I just wanted to let everyone see it.

I had not seen one like it in all the years we had been in business. I didn't know if it was uncommon or just that we don't do large enough volume in rugs to see it.

Jose Smith

That was made to sell to some tourist. It isn't a very good Hereke, in fact, I would not even classify it as a Hereke.

Hereke makes some of the finest rugs ever produced. They are usually Silk/Wool or 100% Silk. I have cleaned a Hereke up to 500 knots per square inch, which is extremely fine. They have Herekes that have been in the thousand knots per square inch range.

Jose Smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom