Have you used a ULV fogger?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that's an old style. I remember my father had one of those back in the 70's.

Lots of experience with ulv foggers but they were the B & G style. We backed way off on their use, have fired one up in probably a decade. We must have half a dozen of them sitting around.

They work good, almost too good. They will propel small particles into the air for hours. Not good to breathe, those particles will get down in your lungs.

You'll need a respirator as will anyone that enters the air space.

They also don't work well for air ducts. You just can't get enough product in without the risk of over wetting and the ducts leaking & water staining drywall.

To be effective the solution needs to stick to all surfaces for 10-15 minutes. You'll be ruining some drywall before you wet it enough to "stay wet for 10-15 minutes".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Jimmy, I am looking at a home wherein the new owner is severely allergic to cats and the husband (both physicians) wants me to clean the home "like a crime scene!"

I typically HEPA vac all interior surfaces including the ceiling, then spray enzyme and steam mop the walls. I've had good success removing proteins from bird feathers and cats this way.

DJ, what sort of fogger do you have laying around and how soon would you like to quit tripping over it?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Hmmmm....

25-50 microns is a heavier fog than I had in mind. Dadgum shame about the dust though...
In a way, it would be good to put decent equipment back into service.

Think over what you'd have to have, if I paid shipping. Remember that God loves a cheerful giver...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom