Hazing removal question

A friend of mine recently installed tile in her shower, but a film remains on the tile. I told her it looks like grout haze. Is there a product I can get to remove this for her?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Viper Venum (Re-New) acid....

BRICK-KLEEN....Masonary wash for Bricks......TEST FIRST...!!!!!

Thanks. It has been a long week. I don't know why I didn't think of that first. Of course VR will remove hazing and efflorescence.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey you hacks, should the first question be.. "What sort of tile was used?

You all just royally screwed his pal if she went the stone rout.

BUSY BEE

Mikey P said:
Hey you hacks, should the first question be.. "What sort of tile was used?

You all just royally screwed his pal if she went the stone rout.
Great point, I just assumed it was T/G. So is it T/G or natural stone?
Ah well, spray some muratic acid, waste yer lungs, then either hone and polish with powder or resin diamonds, just kidding.

Good point Mikey. Here is my original comment to her. By the way she's not paying so if she f's her tile up then oh well.

Try this technique first. Mix water and vinnegar half and half in a spray bottle and spray the wall. Use a scrub pad similar to what you would use to wash your dishes and scrub the tile. Rinse the tile with plain water and then buff dry with a clean white cloth. The vinnegar is acidic and will work if the hazing is not too bad.

If that doesn't work, go to Lowes and buy a product for grout haze removal. Most of these contain muratic acid which is a stronger acid solution and will lightly etch the grout. Mix it following the instructions and scrub the tile. Rinse the tile with water then apply a mixture of ammonia and water to nuetralize the acid in the grout haze removal product. Rinse the tile and buff dry with a white cloth.

Never use vinnegar or any acid cleaner on marble, limestone, or travertine as it will etch or dull the finish.

Thanks. I will let her know. If you are wondering why I am going out of my way to help her it may be because she has all the right stats if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom