healthy cleaning and hazard risks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I see a lot of talk of this chem or that chem being a hazard to us or the custy

IMO, one of the most potentially hazardous items we carry and bring into a custy's home is our vacuum.
We have no clue what contaminates, viruses and bacteria lurk in our custys carpets.

Many of the "green freaks" have concerns about the juices commonly used.
and supposedly they have concerns for their custy's health and well being as well.

They've been conditioned to have a knee jerk reaction to butyls, yet happily bring in the vac they just used on the last custy's home.

do you ever consider what potential hazards you're exposing your self and your custys too?

..L.T.A.

The EPA is most worried about what we pull out of the carpets then what we spray on them. And the most hazardess part of our job is the unkown of what we clean in most cases.

Last week i cleaned a rental that was occupied and very soiled but a strange soiling in the living room by the garage door. Well it wasnt untill i was cleaning that area whene i overheard kids in front door say ( that where our dog died , he leaked all types of fluid and layed there a few days. I think he died of parvo. Well it would have been nice if the lady of the mess told me upfront. Grrr

Name
I'm Rick James
Most vacuums use a multi stage hepa filter which filters out 99% of pollutants in the carpet. You probley get more germs, viruses and bacteria using a public bathroom or other public places.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lancehollister said:
The EPA is most worried about what we pull out of the carpets then what we spray on them. And the most hazardess part of our job is the unkown of what we clean in most cases.

Last week i cleaned a rental that was occupied and very soiled but a strange soiling in the living room by the garage door. Well it wasnt untill i was cleaning that area whene i overheard kids in front door say ( that where our dog died , he leaked all types of fluid and layed there a few days. I think he died of parvo. Well it would have been nice if the lady of the mess told me upfront. Grrr

exactly what I'm talking about, Lance

It's always been my contention that things in the carpets we don't know about are more hazardous to us than the juices we use.

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

Brent said:
Most vacuums use a multi stage hepa filter which filters out 99% of pollutants in the carpet. You probley get more germs, viruses and bacteria using a public bathroom or other public places.

Keep telling yourself that. LMAO! MOST vacuums are poorly maintained. They do little more than stir up the dust.

I find it ironic that around here the green freaks (the few weirdos that moved here from Washington and Oregon) are the nastiest most unkept sorts I run into. Don't want any "harsh" chemicals but the funk, filth, germs,bacteria, mold and mildew don't bother them much. STRANGE I tell you. STRANGE.

Brent said:

Alot of the carpets i clean dont see many vacuums and in el paso you see straw brooms used to vacuum. I get carpet needing repairs that i wont crawl on untill i clean it first then come back to do the repair.

Its funny cause i see many guys like you who dont see many heavy soiled carpets. Must be nice. I get a well maintained carpet to clean and its like my birthday.:) :) :)

Name
I'm Rick James
Rex Tyus said:
Brent said:

Keep telling yourself that. LMAO! MOST vacuums are poorly maintained. They do little more than stir up the dust.

I find it ironic that around here the green freaks (the few weirdos that moved here from Washington and Oregon) are the nastiest most unkept sorts I run into. Don't want any "harsh" chemicals but the funk, filth, germs,bacteria, mold and mildew don't bother them much. STRANGE I tell you. STRANGE.

I dont know about any of yous all out there but I like to keep my machine and all my equipment clean. Meaning the filter clean, waste tank clean, along with my vacuums multi filters clean. The suction on my vacuum is great. I have used vacuums without the filters and yeah you can tell when you are vacuuming, so bad you can taste it. My sinuses would get all funky. I do agree that most vacuums are poorly maintained along with their TM.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brent said:

Brent, the roll brush on your vac isn't "filtered".
It's in contact with all manner of filth

to use your "public bathroom" analogy, your vac roll brush would be akin to the toilet brush used on those public bath rooms

..l.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
meAt said:
Brent said:

to use your "public bathroom" analogy, your vac roll brush would be akin to the toilet brush used on those public bath rooms

..l.T.A.

Good point there meat.

Walt

meAt said:
Brent said:

..l.T.A.

But then you clean the carpet and the filth out... right? I've never understood this argument.

Back
Top Bottom