Heat exchanger leaking coolant

gordie

Name
Gordon Doull
I am running a blueline bluewave.

The helicoil heat exchanger is leaking coolant from where the cleaning water is connected.

I haven't opened one of these heat exchangers before, what can I expect to find inside?

Also what are your thoughts about replacing this with one of the newer plated heat exchangers, such as used on the ss570?

Thanks 20221026_084335.jpg20221027_225503.jpgGordie

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I replaced my coolant heat exchanger on my thermalwave and it didn't let me down. Provides plenty of heat and added more room for the machine to breathe and makes it easier to service anything in that area. It looks like your leak is small. maybe try to tighten that nut a little if you haven't already.

I had a leak similar to yours and I couldn't find out how to seal it back. It was a crappy design. I had the box shaped heat exchanger. It looks almost the exact same as the exhaust heat exchanger, only with different holes and upright instead of on the side. They were too poor at the time to use the "helicoil" shaped one.

Reactions: Mike J

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think my model thermalwave was the last model made. Kinda funny, since the first model and the 5m had the round helicoil (where did these "engineers" get that inaccurate word) shows the business was crashing From recycling parts like the exhaust heat exchanger to coolant HE, to re-routing and not fully plumbing because of not having certain sensors in stock and making crappy heat shields. I know, because I've read all the manuals comparing these models side by side, wondering why some of these were designed this way. Being $Broke$ is the only answer.

Or!!! They're nothing more than CAD people who titled themselves as "engineers". Lazy ass white collard. It pisses me off, because poorly designed machines can ruin a small owner/op business and they could care less

Ok, I'm done ranting

I have an extra coolant heat exchanger box that's good if you want it from my parts machine. It's the box shape, not round design, so measure your area and see if it'll fit. All the hoses should plug right up to it

Reactions: SamIam

gordie

Name
Gordon Doull
I have tightened up the nut as much as I can. Will see if it leaks over the weekend. If it does I think I will install a more compact heat exchanger as this will definitely help with accessing the water pump. I am in New Zealand so will probably just order a new part, but thank you for your offer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom