Heat is killing me

TimP

I can't for the life of me figure out why people can't get more cleaning done when the weather is right. In spring and fall I have plenty of time but everyone books in the summer. I'm bordering on 40% of last years gross in less than 2 months. I can understand that school is out and all, but I do plenty of homes with school kids and teachers etc during school.

Anyways today I about died. 1 sofa, 1 love seat, 3 recliners, 3 bed rooms, 1 lr/dining room combo, and hall. Plus cleaned up an a/c over flow at one of my schools. Pulled in $545 today....way too hot too do that much work I'm dieing.

Scott Rogers

Tell me about it. I made the mistake yesterday to schedule 17 nasty office chairs that had to be cleaned outside on blacktop parking lot at 3:30, airtemp of 101 good knows how hot it was on that black top. Did half and had to tell them I would be back in the morning for the other half. Boy that sucked!!

Ryan

I just finished two bass boats parked in my yard. 100 and something outside and 90% humidity. Great thing about having them drop the boats by my house though, I was shirtless and kept dousing myself with the fresh water hose.

Name
Danny Strickland
Pussy's!!!!!!!!

Mardy on Dannys computer

you boys do know to hydrate days/weeks prior to this hot weather,right??? summer comes around every twelve months!!!! :roll:

TimP

Preacher said:
Pussy's!!!!!!!!

Mardy on Dannys computer

you boys do know to hydrate days/weeks prior to this hot weather,right??? summer comes around every twelve months!!!! :roll:

When there is a heat advisory out I have a right to complain.

You can't say shit unless you're out cleaning and I doubt you were today

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ryan said:
I was shirtless and kept dousing myself with the fresh water hose.

Post that on your site and send the local housewifes a postcard.

:lol:

TimP said:
Preacher said:
Pussy's!!!!!!!!

Mardy on Dannys computer

When there is a heat advisory out I have a right to complain.

You can't say shit unless you're out cleaning and I doubt you were today

Danny hasnt cleaned a carpet in 2 years.....rug doctor dont count.

TimP

I know.

He sold his truck to a guy who also bought the truck that was being sold around here that I told you about.

He is one of those scampoo voodoo cleaners now. I believe he works for the city sewer department or something.

Ryan

tmdry said:
Ryan said:
I was shirtless and kept dousing myself with the fresh water hose.

Post that on your site and send the local housewifes a postcard.

I'm just a one truck guy... I'm not sure I could handle that much bussiness :lol:

Name
steve snail
Preacher said:
Pussy's!!!!!!!!

Mardy on Dannys computer

Preacher Man! Listen to Mikey and change your lifestyle. Take FULL advantage of your new chance.

Absolute Best!

John Watson

Oh all you mamby pambies, You don't know what hot is. This here Southern Alaska boy starts meltin and stinkin at 71 degrees, Heat is one thing Helen lets us reschedule from if the client is OK with it and we let them know a day or two before..

TimP

John Watson said:
Oh all you mamby pambies, You don't know what hot is. This here Southern Alaska boy starts meltin and stinkin at 71 degrees, Heat is one thing Helen lets us reschedule from if the client is OK with it and we let them know a day or two before..

Been above 110 with heat index lately.

usually mid to high 90's plus 50% + humidity. I saw 118 heat index not too long ago. On Monday I was cleaning a place that was closed up with the air off till I got there. It maybe cooled to 85+ inside. My heart was racing the whole time doing the job 2-3 hours. I thought I was gonna die...wasn't a square millimeter in my clothing that wasn't soaked in sweat.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:
yeah, it was warm today. I actually felt a drop or two of sweat rolling down my back 8)

shoot i am into a job 15 mins and i got sweat dripping of my bald head....damn that salty taste is nasty :x :x :x

so what about when your ass is sweaty and you sit on them vinyl seats and it burns your ass :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dolly

Yesterday with two helpers, we went up in a boom to trim trees so we could begin cleaning 5000 sq foot of tile roof...

Decided that cleaning would not be an advantage...so we are painting it. Also along with painting the roof, we
cut all the debris into 6 ft pieces for garbage over haul. We got back up in the boom 60 ft up and then proceeded to
paint the roof.

We started at 8 in the morn and stopped at 7 in the eve...tired....you bet.

Today Thursday we will continue and hope as planned to be done by Friday.

Never did it before, but with the help I have ...It is looking pretty darn good . The customer is might pleased.

Let you know how it goes.

WHEW !!!! YES it is pretty darn Hot up there in that boom....

Dolly

well guys.....Garage quik crete floor paint....The roof is very pourse so the paint is adhering very well. Two coats. Customer is a retired contractor...He went up to inspect and he is very pleased. The tile roof is 5000 sq ft about 60 years old and has been painted before. It just has a lot of dirt and tree mold growing on places.
Cleaning it turned out not to be the best option. We are half done with the front...It is sicking hot though........probably will wait to do the back side when it cools down.

cleann4kids

I know right, I hear guys up north thats wants to shut down
for the super months, hell I want to shut down in August!
Its hot here in OK!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom