Heat issues?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Does anyone have heat related issue when it gets into the 90's with a slide-in unit. When it gets around 90 mine starts shutting down. i don't know if this is normal or if I might want to look into this a little further. I usually will use the CDS when it is hot out.

Jayson

What kind of machine? Could be the fuel system getting vapor locked. Very common.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Vapor lock.

Buy a cheap fan you plug into a cigarette lighter. Cut the plug off and run one of the wires to the + side of your battery and the other to the - side of your battery. It has a switch on it so you can turn it on and off when needed.

When it gets above 90 turn it on so it blows on the motor. It solved all the vapor lock problems I had with other machines.

R

R W

I picked up a fan from a small car. It's 12 volt, and I have it blowin' across the back of the Genesis, out the back door.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It was 104 here yesterday and my unit ran for almost eight hours non-stop with no problems. I always open all the doors, front drivers and passenger doors too, and have sometimes put a fan on the motor when I think about it, but didn't yesterday and had no problems.

I HAVE had a few gasket issues with this latest TM that I think may be a direct result of running what really should be an out door motor inside a van. Had two valve cover gaskets blow and just last week I had the shaft seal come out on me. Got a fine spray of motor oil all over the inside of my spanking clean van.

Pisses me off ...

Greenie

"I HAVE had a few gasket issues with this latest TM that I think may be a direct result of running what really should be an out door motor inside a van"

exactly.

all TMs need more air than they are getting when cramed in a van.

Auxillary fan man!

dallasdj

Stick with that Hruby stuff and you'll be a broke old man with a hernia.

One of my friends with a POS Prochem uses a ACE Axial that constantly blows down on it. Otherwise it shuts down from overheating he says.

FastEddie

Greenie wrote:
"all TMs need more air than they are getting when cramed in a van, Auxillary fan man"

Exactly, mounting a high performance 12 v radiator fan behind the TM does wonders. Every slide-in should have one in my opinion.

CIMG2243.jpg

CIMG2250.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Doug;

Where is your fuel pump located?

It needs to be as close to the fuel tank as possible.

If it is right at the tank, then it or the fuel filter is probably the problem.

Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom