Heat wave today at -17 below zero

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You're a trooper Mark! It was a high of 6 degrees here and I think it was 1 degree at my first job. Nice and sunny though...and no parking in garages :)

The Clean Machine

We are starting out at -4 today. I think it will be the first time in over a week that we might climb above zero! Might wear a "T-shirt" today just to celebrate!

Mark Saiger

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mark, a lot of cleaners here in the middle Atlantic states hesitate to operate their truck mounts once it gets into single digits ABOVE zero.

Would you mind sharing some of your "below zero" cold weather operating tips here?

Thanks (in advance)!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm using an emulsifier that contains some alcohol and that seems to help to prevent the solution lines from freezing.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Our best cold weather tip is to pre warm your solution lines. On our Butlers we installed a nipple at the top of the sight gauge on the water tank. We connect our pressure hose from the reel there and run the pressure a few minutes to get the solution line hot. Then we have plenty of time to lay out the hose with no chance of freeze up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We train the guys to run the vacuum line first in the winter and take the solution hose inside until they are ready to fire the unit up. Then get the flow moving so it won't freeze on them.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sucks, not only is it cold but half area was just whacked with a lake effect blizzard. Today another one is rolling in, so far we only have couple inches :razz:.

Thank God for commercial work...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know how you guys do it. It depresses me when it's on the ground for more than a few days.

We have freezing rain coming tonight turning to snow tomorrow night. :errf:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, a lot of cleaners here in the middle Atlantic states hesitate to operate their truck mounts once it gets into single digits ABOVE zero.

Would you mind sharing some of your "below zero" cold weather operating tips here?

Thanks (in advance)!

Sure will! Would be my pleasure!

Will get something together that makes sense and maybe with video links to help too.

Mark

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I don't know how you guys do it. It depresses me when it's on the ground for more than a few days.

We have freezing rain coming tonight turning to snow tomorrow night. :errf:

Yeah,about 6 inches in last 30 minutes. :numfi:

Why do you think we are all crazy.....
Oh wait that's just me :shifty:.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Oh my gawwwd I'd be packing my sheeeet up and heading to visit Jim Martin.

you would enjoy it...our weather is perfect right now....short sleeve shirts....not to hot and not to cold...........perfect........

KOLD_7Day_zps16d92bf1.jpg

and it is only going to get better..........

Buck1955

Name
John
Winter sucks. You get all hot and sweaty from working and have to go out in single digit temps and 30 mph wind. Bungee cord on the van door so it wont blow open and stay open. Jim, do you need an old assistant?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man that is nice weather!

Jim you need to open a winter camp for carpet cleaners! :p

and this is great compared to the single digits last week.
:frown:

Topeka_zpsbf32ccf8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I've done my time in those temps...ice storms...white outs...snow everywhere.......screw that...I moved.....
we get cold here..but nothing like what I use to put up with....but our cold does not last..it comes in and goes out...It was cold last week and I had to set heaters for 3 nights...now we are going to warm up again....and I am sure another cold front will come in....just how it works.....

I am more then happy putting up with 100 to 110 degree weather a month out of the year.....(its easier to cool yourself down then it is to warm up)........and enjoy good weather for the next 11 months.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
3-5 more years of this stuff for me.

My uncle pulled a steve and sold his business at 40 to live the good life in sunny FLA. Only to lose 3/4 of it on bad investments.
Trying to remain patient and learn from his mistakes, the clock is ticking for sure.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
"Aaron" could hardly contain his joy when you told him that customer called.

LOL at Marty!

Here was the clean up...husband had veracious veins surgery...didn't know he was bleeding all over the house. The client (wife) was very happy actually....Aron just remembers the cleanup! Was on 3 chairs, and a number of different rooms of carpet. This spot we had to water claw and OSR. Actually, I did a lot of the blood clean up. :p

Before: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...620.1073741861.168572583180170&type=1&theater

After: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...620.1073741861.168572583180170&type=1&theater

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom