Heater BTU's...

-JB-

Name
JB
anyone have any experience or educated recommendations on a natural gas space heater?

I have a insulated 2 car and not sure what size will work.

Thanks.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I have a Hot Dog 45K BTU ceiling mount that works real well in my 2 car.

It maintains pretty well but if you want to warm it up from say 40 degrees to 70 to do some work it does take some time though. They also make a 60K unit.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JB said:
anyone have any experience or educated recommendations on a natural gas space heater?

I have a insulated 2 car and not sure what size will work.

Thanks.

How good do the doors seal?
ceiling insulated too??
attached to home, or not?

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
Attached, insulated ceiling, good door seals, old wooden door but in very good condition.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
how warm do you want it?

warm enough to work in a RR tee shirt and shorts on the coldest WINDY winter's night?
or warm enough to keep chems and TM from freezing?

I really don't know anyway.
I'm just asking so the dUdes that DO know will have enough info to make an informed estimate

I figure 35K BTU would be more than enough if you're circulating the warm air.
being attached to the home makes a fair amount of difference

why don't you call a heating contractor and see if your house HVAC system has enough capacity to support duct work to the garage ?

..l.T.A.

Name
R.J. Povio
Hey JB....We have an older natural gas unit heater (similiar to ones in warehouses mounted in the corner from the ceiling) that we could sell you cheap. We live in Rochester. I am not sure of the BTU...but it will definately work well. Make sure u know the square footage too. But 35-45k BTU should work fine. We were gonna use these unit heaters but talked to HVAC guys and they suggested to go with the Raidiant Heaters, because they are way more efficient.

-JB-

Name
JB
Picked up a 100k radiant gas heater, craigslist, gotta love it! $75!

Yeah 100k btu should about cover it & melt the driveway if i leave the door open too long!

Name
R.J. Povio
JB...make sure you do not park a vehicle right under the radiant heater!!! they will melt the paint on a car if its parked too close! 100k btu is way more than you need, but for that price you had to buy it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom