HEAVY dog dander question

BUSY BEE

cleaned... removed pad...odorcide...still wont go away...my friend's dad used to put an upholstery prespray in a hydroforce and soak the hell out of it years ago and it would work...may have been chemspec but I can"t remember... anyone have suggestions? Thanks a lot, Bill

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
This dog odor has been the most difficult to remove I have ever ran across. Labs are the worst I guess because they are water dogs and have more oil in their coats. The only ones that we have been successful on ran about 800.00 for a 1000 SF home if it is empty. Prespray with normal aggressive solution, mist with a degreasor (we use oil flow),agitate, extract with HOT water very well. Apply heavy spray of Benefect (this is why it is so expensive) dwell and agitate, rinse and extract again. spray with Benefect. Use dehu and air movers to dry for 24 to 48 hours. We would have about 200 in deodorizers and cleaning agents for a job this size.
Al

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Does it still smell... or is someone have allergic reaction? actual dander... or dog oils?

First of all you need to wernerize the carpets.. and vacuum the snaught out of them... the dander is in the carpet not the pad... that step may have been overkill unless you were trying to remove urine issue as well.

For most any dog situation, once you have vacuumed till your blue in the face, this is were the O2 system shines as the sodium borate releases oxygen that burns up the odor molecules.... Another thing we like to do on severe odor issues... is Masterblends Anti allergen deoderizer.
http://www.masterblend.net/index.php?op ... &Itemid=73

It utilizes Chlorine dioxide as a super oxidizer.. no bleaching effects, but it will burn up any orgranice odor awfully effectively with enough dwell time... I found this to super effective on concentred cat urine odor.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Bill come on in tomorrow and pick up some MB anti allergen deod and be done with it. Should work just fine if it's dander that's the problem. Oh and bring the softball cash man.

BUSY BEE

packfancjh said:
Bill come on in tomorrow and pick up some MB anti allergen deod and be done with it. Should work just fine if it's dander that's the problem. Oh and bring the softball cash man.
yeah it's dander...and yes I'll have the $$$ for ball....now that i'm officially divorced...any cuties on this coed team? Hopefully no macho..butch..lesbian..forklift..operator..NV gals :D

A

amazingcleansc

Askal said:
This dog odor has been the most difficult to remove I have ever ran across. Labs are the worst I guess because they are water dogs and have more oil in their coats. The only ones that we have been successful on ran about 800.00 for a 1000 SF home if it is empty. Prespray with normal aggressive solution, mist with a degreasor (we use oil flow),agitate, extract with HOT water very well. Apply heavy spray of Benefect (this is why it is so expensive) dwell and agitate, rinse and extract again. spray with Benefect. Use dehu and air movers to dry for 24 to 48 hours. We would have about 200 in deodorizers and cleaning agents for a job this size.
Al

al that sounds good but would it be easier/more effective to replace the pad and just clean then deodorize the carpet?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
amazingcleansc said:
Askal said:
Al

al that sounds good but would it be easier/more effective to replace the pad and just clean then deodorize the carpet?

Most dog dander and oils sit at the bottom of the fiber and usually don't penetrate the backing into the pad. Urine, yes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom