Hello from Legends Brands Distributor Conference

Bob Foster

I have a question about that wand. Is it true that Keith Studebaker did a lot of work on it's development?

Can someone explain the air flow and extraction flow dynamics and psi of that wand.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Whats so special about these new machines? They look like every other pump and suck
machine. The longer I stay in the industry the more all the machine brands look the same.
Someone needs to think outside the box and invent something new and quit copying each
other. There is a much better way, its just no one has thought of it yet because we all think
like carpet cleaners and just keep re inventing the wheel. Someone wake me up when they think
of something new!

The world needs another BLUE powder coated machine with a lawnmower engine and wimpy blower!

Bob Foster

Keith Studebaker has brought other innovative and successful products to us like the Air Path and the DriMaster upholstery tool.

The wand he has designed appears to be addressing ergonomics with new and different hand grip positioning. His jet system consists of a spray bar with 100 orifices that appear to be very close to the carpet. I'm curious what kind of psi and flow it needs to be happy.

The wand uses a constant flow system like the DryMaster and a ball valve.

I would call that product different.

Keith it would be nice for you to explain this wand to all of us.

Greenie

Why not just call it the Dri-master wand....an RDM, sans motor.

It would have been really cool to be there and see cast of characters this brought together in Nashville, actually it would ahve been cool to even know it was going on before hand, I could have made a list of questions...heres to being on the outside looking in. :wink:

Farenheit251

For that wand to maintain any heat on the 18-20 horsepower heat exchange units the flow must be 06 or less. Is there going to be a way to change the orifices for larger machines? I get a chuckle everytime I see guys spend $30,000 on a Titan or Everest only to use a wand designed for a spitfire or Legend. I always want to invite them down to the Golden China to do a side by side against my 5 year old $12k Oxley machine with a 15 flow Greenhorn.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You have to "BE" somebody first to get invited to those high profile pizza parties Greenie.

:shock:

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
The wand is set for 1 GPM at 350 PSI. Up or down on your pressure will give you a little more or less GPM.

You could change the orifice and have as much water as you wanted. I have cleaned with 2 GPM and it was just as dry.

The water injection is completly different from whats out there with a patent pending.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Keith;

Sounds interesting.......

So an orifice controls the amount of water let thru.

When you cleaned @ 2GPM, was that @ higher pressure, or a larger orifice.

Is there more impact @ 2GPM ?

Can you leave the wand in one spot on the carpet ?

Larry

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I would never use that wand. how could you clean under furniture such as beds that are not getting moved?

Greenie

Studebaker said:
The wand is set for 1 GPM at 350 PSI. Up or down on your pressure will give you a little more or less GPM.

You could change the orifice and have as much water as you wanted. I have cleaned with 2 GPM and it was just as dry.

The water injection is completly different from whats out there with a patent pending.

Thanks for the innovations Keith.

What material is the "orifice" made from, cause i was thinking as with traditional jets, even 303 stainless wears over time making the orifice larger, and producing more flow, if you have "100 orifices" a little wear would be multiplied a hundredfold.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The stainless steel injection bar opening is adjustable, which also permits you to flush clear it of obstructions.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Larry,
The 2 GPM was a larger orifice, same PSI.

Impact was better cleaning but you can run your self out of hot water if your not carful. The point I was trying to make is you can tune it to what works best for you.

Jeff,
Prototypes had stainless injectors. How long do the 303 stainless jets last?

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
ive been using the drimaster upholstery tool a while now also on steps until i get a good stair wand and think the idea is awesome.

I was doing some spotting on carpet and thought why not make this wider and make into a stand up wand

steps always shine when i use it maybe all high fow wands are that good but seems like that wand (in pic)is a peek into the future

also the alum frame isnt that a new development? That seems like a big deal. take that plus the smaller machine size add a plastic waste tank and you have some serious weight savings. thus saving gas and wear and tear on vehicle.

Actually the more i think about these are some pretty big innovations

any one else?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom